To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livonia, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Driver - Messenger Armed - Part Time
GardaWorld Cash Services • Livonia, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join North America’s leading Secure Transportation Team as an Armored Driver Messenger!
Due to continued growth, GardaWorld, the largest privately-owned security and cash services company, is seeking highly qualified individuals to expand and complement our industry-leading Secure Transportation team as Armored Driver Messengers in our Livonia, MI location. This is your opportunity to build a long-term career as a security professional in a challenging, high-profile security environment.
The Driver Messenger is responsible for the protection and transportation of coin, currency, and other valuables, while maintaining the utmost professional demeanor as they transfer assets to and from our client base of leading financial institutions, retailers, and restaurants. Driver Messengers must maintain the highest degree of security, awareness, control, and a teamwork attitude to go along with maintaining a safe driving record at all times. This is an armed position.Establish a security career today by joining GardaWorld’s winning team!
- This position requires a high school diploma/general equivalency diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Position requires individual to be 21 years of age or older.
- Three years of industry related experience are preferred.
- This position requires individual to obtain and maintain all required driver licenses and guard and gun permits or licenses on a current basis (ALL POSITIONS ARE ARMED) and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Heavy lifting required (50lbs+) on a continual basis.
- Position requires a high school diploma/general equivalency diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Driver Messengers must be 21 years of age or older
- 2 years of related experience is preferred
- Experience as a driver and/or security guard is a plus
- Being a Driver Messenger requires individuals to have or be able to obtain and maintain active guard and firearm permits or licenses on a current basis as required by state regulations
- Driver Messengers Must currently have and be able to maintain an active driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Driver Messengers must be able to communicate effectively in person and by radio
- Strong customer service skills are a must for a driver / messenger
- Military background is a plus
- Heavy lifting required (50lbs+)
- Individuals must be willing to operate large vehicles in all weather and traffic conditions
- May work both indoors and outdoors in all types of lighting and weather conditions, including but not limited to heat, sun, rain, snow and ice
- Noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud
- Wearing of Company provided uniforms is required
- Personal protective equipment may be required, such as firearm, holster and uniform
- Bullet resistant vests are supplied by Garda CL and are recommended for use
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is a Safety-Sensitive position and is subject to all provisions of the Garda CL Drug and Alcohol policy, and/or Department of Transportation substance abuse testing and periodic medical recertification.
- Driver Messengers must maintain a valid DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Have a full range of motion and ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, ascend/descend steps, etc., including while carrying objects weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Department of Transportation and various state minimum vision standards apply
- Have normal hearing, with or without device, so as to be able to safely operate motor vehicles, forklifts, and communication devices
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours a day
- Have normal manual dexterity
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and use fingers for computer keyboard or other data entry devices
- Have the ability to properly and safely utilize one or more types of firearms
- Subject to substance abuse testing under Company policy and possibly Department of Transportation guidelines
The physical demands described here for an Armored Driver Messenger are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.