To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5535 Expy Dr N
Holtsville, NY 11742
- Daniel Lodato
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
The Bristal Assisted Living • Holtsville, NY
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Bristal Assisted Living Residence offers the ultimate in senior living providing Care Beyond Compare to all our Residents. The Bristal Assisted Living provides seniors a living environment that is safe and nurturing, nestled in surroundings that are 5 star, luxurious and comfortable. We offer our Residents the necessary support to lead happy, self-directed lives.
At the present time we are seeking an experienced hands-on Maintenance Director who will take a leadership role, coordinating and directing the Maintenance Department and Maintenance Staff.
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative maintenance schedules.
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain maintenance needs.
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining schedules.
- Set up periodic inspections of the total property systems of checking such items as roof, building façade, parking lots, grounds, signs, etc
- Initiate, supervise and maintain an up-to-date repair record on all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with respect to assigned priorities.
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all fire fighting equipment according to time period and instruction required by law.
- Operate and maintain all buildings and grounds, all security and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and local OSHA standards.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame.
- Head up the Safety Committee
- Respond to maintenance emergencies at any time needed.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals and standards.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as a supervisor with documented evidence of varied skills and abilities.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electric and general maintenance
- Strong background in HVAC a MUST!
- Maintenance for a large residential community, hospital, skilled nursing, Assisted Living or similar long term care industry experience desired
- Must demonstrate skills in all phases of building and equipment maintenance, cleanliness and repairs
- Skilled in the selection of personnel and management of staff to meet the needs of the entire facility
- Acceptable working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working in a facility with a senior/ geriatric population a plus
- A true customer service, friendly attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, Resident, management and families
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to be on call during emergency situations as the building operates 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Heavy lifting up to fifty (50) pounds 20%
- Operation of machinery and electrical equipment 60%
- Exposure to harsh chemicals 20%
- Climb A Frame and Extension ladders of up to 32 feet both inside and outside 40%
- Shovel snow from walkways, as needed
- Endure unregulated weather: cold in the winter and hot in the summer
- Walking 90%
- Reaching 90%
- Bending 40%
- Driving 20%
The Bristal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V