To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Modesto, CA
- Andrea Hernandez
- Phone: 209-955-2826
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
The Hedy Company Inc • Modesto, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Accounts Payable
Department: Accounts Payable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function. Other duties may be assigned that pertain to the classification. Demonstrated job duties and knowledge listed are sum for the job classification. Knowledge of all duties is to be cross functional but specific duties are assigned within available personnel.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
2. Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
3. Distributes signed checks as required.
4. Acts as liaison between corporate and branch accounts payable departments.
5. Answers all vendor inquiries.
6. Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
7. Assists Corporate Financial Officers and branch personnel as necessary.
8. Prepares cleared checks for storage.
9. Assembles and processes overnight shipments to branches.
10. Assists in monthly closings.
11. Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
12. Performs filing and copying.
13. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
14. Process invoices into computer system.
15. Open mail daily.
16. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, franchisees and others in a courteous and professional manner.
17. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Customer service—the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.
• Clear written and verbal communications.
• Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
• Good time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Able to maintain confidential information.
Other (e.g., customer contact or access to confidential information): Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge: Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree is preferred.