· Prepare ingredients per the batch card (verifying item codes, lot numbers, weights, and descriptions).
· Oversee the preparation of batches (brix, acid, PH, and color) and make adjustments.
· Remove any products not required for current batches and verify all ingredients are correct.
· Exercise judgement in the quality of the finished product.
· Maintain ingredient lot numbers.
· Perform CIPs as required.
· Ability to work in all kitchen positions.
· Ensure kitchen and all utensils are clean and ready for use.
· Understand written production orders.
· Maintain good attendance record per company policy.
· Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
· Constant exposure to extreme loud noises.
· Constant standing and moving by foot.
· Constant exposure to extreme hot/cold (non-weather) environment.
· Constant work near moving mechanical parts/conveyors.
· Frequent lifting/carrying <50 pounds, reaching and use of fingers.
· Frequent reaching/pulling/bending/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling.
· Occasionally lifting >50 pounds.
· Potential exposure to caustic chemicals.