To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2700 Parkwood Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404
- Raven Jenkins
- Phone: 423.624.1533
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Weekend
NHC, National HealthCare Corporation • Chattanooga, TN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists patient with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comforts and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
- Understands and practices universal precautions with all patient.
- Performs all tasks/procedures included on assignment or reports to charge nurse any tasks not completed.
- Assists in the preparation for admission of patients.
- Assists in and accompany patients in admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed linen, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room, and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care, which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, special skin care, freshening linen, cleaning over bed tables, straightening room, and other general care as needed.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients; lifting and turning patients; applying/utilizing special equipment; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; and ambulating the patient using a gait belt.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the center the Department of Nursing.
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit and assists patients to activities.
- Turns and positions as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns with proper and safe mechanics and with available resources.
- Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to an RN or LPN.
- Ensures that patients are dressed properly and assists as necessary. Ensures that clothing is properly stored in dressers or on hangers. Ensures that all patients are clean and dry at all times.
- Checks unit for adequate linen and supplies.
- Restrains patients properly when ordered. Understands reason for restraint and suggests less restrictive measures if possible.
- Accompanies patients to appointments as directed.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
- Prepares patients for meals and services, removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishment to patients.
- Performs general care activities for patients in isolation, adhering to the center's Infection Control Policies.
- Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs, and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
- Collects and transports specimens as directed.
- Reports (and records when appropriate) any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and any unusual incidents.
- Familiar with Nursing Care Plans and contributes when new information available.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment, reports equipment that is out of order, reports other problems to the charge nurse, maintains appropriate handling of clean and soiled linen and stores supplies on the unit.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with patients, family members, and other center personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn new procedures, develop skills, etc.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen, and follows established charge procedures for patient charge items.
- Health - Ability to meet performance requirements.
Education and Training:
- Must be certified nursing assistant or currently enrolled in a nurse aide training program.
- Attend in-service programs, as assigned, to learn procedures and develop skills and meet state requirements.
- Sensitive to our patients' physical and psycho-social heeds.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Capable of charting accurately in the Patient Care Record or other similar form.
- Pleasant and cheerful personality.
- Tactful and courteous approach with patients and visitors.
- Treat all patient information as confidential material.
- Adhere to dress code as directed by center policy (see Personnel Manual.)
Responsible for handling and caring for patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort under the direction of licensed nurses and patients' physicians.
As a recipient of federal assistance, NHC does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of their services and benefits of any of its programs and activities or in employment.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.