Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing with a current license to practice as a RN in the State of Louisiana or a graduated of an accredited school of Licensed Practical Nursing with a current license to practice as a LPN in the State of Louisiana.
• 2+ years of clinical experience in medical-surgical or other hospital specialty unit is preferred
• Electronic Medical/Health Record experience is required
• Home Health experience is preferred but not required
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with concise, clear documentation skills
• Good judgement and critical-thinking skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision and to make decisions based on established policies and procedures
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Customer service-oriented attitude/behavior
• Ability to navigate through multiple computer programs with ease including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
• Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
•Works under general supervision of the Quality Improvement Supervisor and occasional direction of the Quality Improvement Director
•Travel to provider offices and member homes is typically within the Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm timeframe
• Overtime may occasionally be required.
• Travel to physician offices and member homes will be required. Overnight stays are very rare.
• This position operates in a professional office environment with opportunity to work from home upon meeting training, eligibility, and performance requirements as deemed appropriate by management
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week)
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to satisfactorily perform these essential functions without causing an undue hardship for the employer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and must frequently move about the office. The job duties also require the ability to drive and travel into provider offices and into member homes. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office equipment such as phones, keyboards, printers, and copiers. The employee is regularly required to communicate with others via phone, email, etc. Occasionally, the employee is required to move up to 10 pounds and may, at times, be required to move up to 40 pounds.