To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6100 Neil Road
Reno, NV 89511
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NV Energy • Reno, NV
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Evaluates application technology needs and recommends solutions to highly complex business problems. Designs, develops, tests, supports, and modifies application systems. Creates business cases, project plans and adheres to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies for all programming changes and system modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluates systems and programming needs of business and operating departments.
- Interviews users and determines system requirements and sources of required data
- Develops business cases and recommends system solutions
- Conducts RFP processes from gathered business and system requirements
Designs systems, modules, and/or approaches, and required enhancements.
- Ensures alignment with Corporate standards and strategic technology decisions
- Designs and develops application integrations and related services using SOA tools and practices
- Develops necessary application diagrams and logic flowcharts.
- Creates appropriate technical artifacts to support development within SDLC guidelines
- Performs unit and system testing and coordinates user acceptance testing
Maintains technology expertise and keeps current with evolving technologies
- Attains certifications to demonstrate technical mastery of application platforms
- Knowledgeable in newer technologies, Web, Mobile, Cloud and Distributed application programming techniques and products
- Provides training and mentoring to other IT staff and end-users
Performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Bachelors degree in the area of specialty from an accredited school and 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Comprehensive knowledge of programming and systems analysis procedures. Advanced knowledge of SQL, Java, web, mobile, cloud distributed application development language software. Advanced understanding of full stack application development technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees, use of oral and written communication to create a vision, communicate strategy, and effectively interface with stakeholders.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, throughout NVEnergy and with external contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership and management principles/abilities.
- Must be able to communicate complex information accurately and understandably. Superior analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Ability to perform responsibilities within determined timeframe and with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated advanced project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated experience in working with global delivery service providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging technology, processes, methodologies, understanding of architecture, applications systems, design, integration as well as IT best practices. Ability to apply multiple technologies to business situations, identifies and applies productivity improvements and blends the technical environment with strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
Equipment and Applications
PC and various software applications
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment. No special physical demands required. Some same-day travel to area field offices required.
Depending on qualifications of applicants, this position may be filled at a lower level than that which is posted such as Programmer III, Programmer II or Programmer I.
NV Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call our HR Help Desk at (702) 402-5500 and select '0' or Fax your request at (702) 402-0031. TTY Sensory Impaired - 711