ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading healthcare organization in the Dayton market, looking to add an experienced Medical Biller to their team! The medical biller will become a part of a large team where training and a comfortable work environment will be provided. Strong community commitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MEDICAL BILLER:
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE MEDICAL BILLER ROLE:
- 2+ years' experience in medical billing.
- Experience in Medicaid billing.
Please email your resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: billing, invoicing, invoice, accounts receivable, AR, accounting
Medical Billing And Coding