To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Child Life Specialist II, PRN
Shriners Hospitals For Children • Houston, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Houston, located in the heart of the prominent Texas Medical Center, has an immediate, one of a kind, opening for a per diem (PRN) Child Life Specialist II. This position is a pediatric health care professional who works with our patients and families in all areas of the hospital to help them cope with the challenges of hospitalization, illness, and disability.
The Child Life Specialist II works as part of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for meeting the psychosocial and developmental needs of children and families in acute, day surgery, clinic, and outpatient settings. These needs are met by providing developmentally appropriate interventions including: therapeutic play, preparation, procedural support, special events, and reintegration programming. The child life specialist utilizes these practices in an effort to facilitate adaptive coping techniques and promote normal growth and development of the patient and family.
If you have an interest in being part of a dynamic team whose vision it is to “become the best at transforming children’s lives by providing exceptional healthcare through innovative research in a patient and family centered environment", then this is the place for you.
- Certification through the Child Life Council
- Completion of American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider Program required within 30 days of employment.
Training and Experience: Completion of a 480 hour minimum internship under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of developmental barriers influenced by hospitalization, proficiency in prioritizing, effective communication skills, and ability to quickly build rapport with child and families of diverse populations.
- Fosters positive and professional interpersonal relationships with patients/families, hospital staff, community representatives and visitors.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.