You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Maintenance Supervisor $5,000 Sign on Bonus
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Starting Salary: $60,000
Supervises maintenance staff in the performance of work, including but not limited to; servicing, cleaning, preventative maintenance inspections, heavy maintenance, repairs, road calls, body repairs, state safety inspections and overhauls at a fixed maintenance facility. Provides onsite technical assistance to Operations Supervisors during peak hours of Revenue Service. Keeps Superintendent of Fleet Maintenance and subsequent shift supervisors informed of personnel actions and vehicle/equipment maintenance status.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the daily assignment of labor, which also includes daily review of payroll and submission of accurately completed time records every two weeks.
- Ensures compliance with HRT rules, regulations, and policies, and facilitates effective working relationships with employees and managers. Informs the Superintendent of work rule violations. Conducts performance coaching.
- Responsible for opening, closing, and filing Work Orders and logging Road Calls into the Vehicle Information Management system. Prepares and maintains appropriate maintenance daily and monthly reports and records. Completes all daily paperwork and reports by the end of each shift.
- Coordinates the effects for the needed shifts to insure sufficient numbers of buses for the Operations Department daily. Performs a shift turn over to the oncoming Supervisor.
- Responsible for managing of all shop quality control initiatives including quality review of paperwork, adherence to testing and inspection standards and performs in-process reviews of maintenance work being performed. Audits Demand Response contractor’s maintenance records at prescribed intervals.
- Recommends, initiates, and evaluates innovative ways to improve fleet maintenance and the maintenance team concept. Develops and encourages the growth of the team spirit among personnel.
- Manages the day to day work effort of the Tire Contractor.
- Prepares and monitors the work load for the shift to insure all vehicles are serviced, cleaned and ready for the next days pull out to meet operational needs.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of all shop equipment. Submits repair requests to facilitate repairs when necessary.
- Responsible for providing instruction and supervision to insure proper procedures are followed for the servicing, cleaning, and repairs of all fleet vehicles and components. Recommends and provides training for maintenance personnel.
- Insures the fleet exhibits the appearance of a well-maintained, safe, transportation property. Accident damage, the effects of age on the body and decals, and vandalism damage will be kept to an absolute minimum. Coordinates the effort of the shop to identify new damage to the vehicles and prioritizes the repair efforts to those vehicles.
- Enforces staff adherence to all HRT policies and other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, safety and security of facilities during assigned shift.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Responsible for ensuring employees in their respective functional areas have adequate training and tools necessary to meet the requirements of the EMS procedures and SOPs
- Responsible for observing and evaluating required EMS competencies among employees in their respective functional areas
- Prepare and/or coordinate with other departments any documentation required in support of the FTA triennial reviews, drug and alcohol audits, independent audits, state audits, EEO Program audit, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires extensive experience in vehicle maintenance; must be highly motivated, able to maintain effective communications with all levels of management and labor; must be able to make sound maintenance decisions based upon technical experience and knowledge. Must have CDL Class B license and/or CDL Permit and the ability to acquire within sixty (60) days of employment a valid Virginia CDL Class B license with air brake and passenger endorsements.
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
MS Windows, MS IE, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Spear, Cummins Insight, ThermoKing, PeopleSoft, Adobe Reader, WinZip, Symantec
Minimum qualifications include: an associate degree in automotive/diesel maintenance or related fields, additional training and/or experience in vehicle maintenance, or any combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience supervising vehicle maintenance functions within a complex commercial, military or industrial maintenance operation, two (2) years of which should be in a Heavy Duty Vehicle environment; experience within a unionized environment is preferred, or any combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Must have CDL Class B license and/or CDL permit and the ability to acquire within sixty (60) days of employment a valid Virginia CDL Class B license with air brake and passenger endorsements.
Ability to pass DOT physical examination. Must meet ongoing educational, training and DOT requirements to retain employment in this position.
Work involves crawling, crouching to inspect repairs. Extended walking to supervise repair and maintenance activities. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves exposure to dirt and grease. Incumbents are on-call for emergencies. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties may require some work in addition to 40 hours per week. May be required to work outside normal hours, holidays and weekends as assigned
- Adobe Acrobat
- Automotive Industry
- Business Informatics
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.