Quality Engineer- Director
Location: Franklin, Indiana
Please send me your resume in word format if you have not applied yet..
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position requires a results driven, self-directed manager for an MRO and OEM aerospace business with double digit growth. This position provides leadership, mentoring, evaluation and development to the quality engineering teams and improving the overall processes of the business. It requires the manager to have leadership, strategic planning and coaching mindset.
Reporting to the General Manager, The CI/Quality Engineering Director will ensure timely coordination and communication with various functional teams and will also provide a means of escalation in support of customer satisfaction, corrective action, quality and continual improvement initiatives.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, leading and executing a strategy for continuous improvement of processes throughout the business.
- Support and lead a continuous improvement culture.
- Evaluate and develop KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) supporting customer and company goals.
- ID and lead process improvement opportunities using cross functional teams.
- Lead and monitor CAR (Corrective Action Request) and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) activities to ensure robust product and process improvements
- Analyze and implement quality improvement methodologies across the organization.
- Analyze and approve quality engineering improvement plans and drive cross-functional team support to drive sustainable improvements
- Lead quality-related technical training to ensure compliance with established quality policies, procedures, customer requirements and quality standards
- Provide direction to ensure compliance with all applicable customer requirements and government regulations involving product quality
- Provide support and leadership to ensure MRB (Material Review Board) control and timely internal and external approvals
- Provide support and leadership to Quality Engineering in new product development
- Support and ensure timely response to customer inquiries to improve customer satisfaction
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to lead and motivate others while working in a team based environment
· Ability to interface with all levels of management, external customers, and government agencies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Have a proven track record of developing talent in their direct reports
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma process improvement tools
· Minimum of eight years’ experience in quality inspection and or quality engineering including a minimum of two years in a quality supervision or management role
· Experience in recognized quality (ISO9001/AS9100) and process (NADCAP) systems in an aerospace and/or defense environment
· Background of working with quality systems supporting both aerospace and defense
· Knowledge of common aerospace machining and manufacturing requirements including common aerospace materials, machining, surface finishes and heat treatment
· Working knowledge of mechanical inspection methods and tools including ability to read and understand manufacturing routers, instructions, and drawings including GD&T
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (all applications)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior organizational abilities
- Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Background
- Experience working with the FAA
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) certifications - CMQ/OE, CQE, CQA
- AS9100 trained auditor