To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
- Cody Cornett
- Phone: 615.383.6272
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
RN ( Registered Nurse ) Corrections
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc • Nashville, TN
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) will provide inmates with routine and emergency health care in a Corrections Hospital servicing the Middle TN area and will conduct health histories on inmates. When necessary, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) ensures all medication is administered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority. Also, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) determines the need for emergency hospital care.
• Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
• Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
• Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
• Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
• Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
• Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
• Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
• Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
• Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
• Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
• Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
• Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
• Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
• Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
• Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
• Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
• Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
• One year of full-time experience providing hands-on health care. Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) experience preferred.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
• Current BLS card.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.