To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
20 East Park Drive
Westampton, NJ 08060
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
National DCP • Westampton, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
*This position is located in Westampton, New Jersey*
National DCP (NDCP) is a $2 billion supply chain management cooperative serving the franchisees of Dunkin’ Donuts. Our unique ‘Farm to Fork’ concept allows us to source, purchase and deliver products to more than 8,000 restaurants across the U.S. at the best cost to our members. Our 1,700 employees are empowered to make an impact every day.
We’re hiring for a Transportation Manager in our Westampton, NJ location to support one of the country’s fastest growing quick service restaurant chains. The Transportation Manager will ensure safe, legal, and on-time delivery of freight to member stores throughout assigned territory. The Transportation Manager has full responsibility for the direction and oversight of all transportation-related functions at his /her assigned territory and associated transportation hubs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for direction and coordination of route drivers to ensure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations
- Responsible to ensure customer complaints are investigated and resolved related to in-store service and delivery
- Ensures full compliance with all company quality assurance standards
- Develops annual cost savings initiatives that are aligned with company strategic plan
- Manage the department’s annual operating budget and assist in cost analysis
- Effectively schedules, supervises and directs transportation personnel
- Creates a team orientated environment by developing employees, conducting performance appraisals and communicating updates to process, procedures and policies
- Ensures that personnel understand and implement safety and regulatory policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS/BA preferred
- 5-7 years of multi-state transportation management experience in the food distribution industry
- Demonstrated mastery of the Federal Motor Carrier Rules and Regulations
- Knowledgeable of related OSHA standards and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- SAP experience preferred.
- On Board Computer System Experience required, People Net preferred
- Prior experience with routing software, Appian preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision making capabilities required
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required
- Willing and able to work flexible / extended work schedules, as needed