To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middlesex, NJ 08846
- Ellen Simons
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Amboy Bank • Middlesex, NJ
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Various locations
The Teller provides excellent customer service to clients conducting personal banking business in the bank branch location. The bank Teller will be responsible for all transactions involving check cashing and deposits while promoting and explaining other banking services such as loans, IRAs, certificates of deposits, safe deposit boxes, cashier checks etc.
- Receive checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsements, and enters deposits into computer records
- Cash checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and client balances
- Enter customers' transactions into the teller system and provide customers with receipts
- Perform balance inquires upon clients requests or as needed to process teller work
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as date, bank name, identification of the person receiving payment, and the legality of the documents
- Obtain proper identification in accordance with Bank policy and procedures from customers and non-customers in order to process transaction
- Record properly obtained identification in the manner required by policy and procedure
- Receive mortgage, loan and other payments and ensure the payments match balances due, enter payment and generate receipt
- Count coins and currency
- Recommends other services to clients by explaining the process and benefit for clients
- Assist customer with inquiries and resolves matters in a professional and courteous manner
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift
- Reports any and all balance discrepancies to manager as necessary
- Count currency and strap into appropriate bundles to sell to the vault
- Order a sufficient supply of cash from the vault for daily needs and verify all cash
- Prepare cashiers checks upon client request, obtain identification, verify availability of funds and record in appropriate log
- Ensure teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms
- Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Job Requirement and Qualifications
- Job requires strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties
- Job requires developing constructive and cooperative relationship with others
- Job requires honesty, integrity and ethical behavior
- Job may require temporary re-assignment to other branch locations to accommodate busier then usual branch offices
- Job requires ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, count and convert currency and coin denominations correctly
- Job requires good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely to expedite customer needs
- Job requires ability to articulate and promote bank products and services as need arise with customers
- Job requires ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and personal computers
- Job requires successful completion of on site teller training program
- Job requires strong organization skills
- Job requires good sense of urgency and efficiency
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to 75% of work hours
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally less than 10% of work hours
- Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel
- Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information
- Ability to use telephone and communicate with others
- Ability to use office equipment such as teller scanner, computer, telephone and copier