To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
45 Electric Avenue
Boston, MA 02135
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative
Reynolds Advanced Materials • Boston, MA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reynolds Advanced Materials is a leading distributor of mold making and casting materials to a wide variety of industries. We sell our extensive line of two-part liquid rubbers, liquid plastics, laminating epoxies and liquid foams used for special effects, theme parks, prototyping and product design, sculpture and art, foundry, ornamental architecture, medical and prosthetic, hobbies, and many more. We have branches located in Denver, Chicago, Orlando, Boston, Los Angeles, North Carolina, Phoenix, Allentown, Detroit, Seattle and Dallas.
We are seeking the right person to sell our extensive line of silicone and polyurethane liquid rubbers, liquid plastics, foams, plasters, and other materials. You'll be calling on industrial accounts, model makers, artists and more. Our customers use our materials in an endless variety of ways, including movie and stage special effects, scenery and props, animatronics, and robotics, rubber molds for casting architectural details out of concrete or plaster, scale models, industrial parts, reproducing sculpture, and to develop and prototype cutting edge products.
Your territory will include all New England and Eastern upstate New York. 50% travel required, overnight travel and participation in trade shows and seminars required. While covering this territory you will receive full support from our office & warehouse just outside of Boston. The priority is to increase sales by opening new accounts and grow business at existing accounts using product knowledge, application knowledge and problem-solving skills.
We will provide full product and technical training and supply enough leads to keep you busy, motivated and successful. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a pro-active aptitude and desire to learn our materials and how our customers use them.
Researching/Cultivating Sales Leads:
· Using various resources, qualify potential customers that could have a need for our products. Develop sales leads using various resources, customer referrals, trade shows and other sources.
Qualify leads from Inside sales Tech, Branch Manager and personnel.
· Answer product technical questions in person and on the phone to solve application problems and provide product recommendations.
· Participate in trade shows as needed to meet prospects and generate leads for this and other RAM branches.
Manage Defined Sales Territory:
· Travel to and maintain working relationship with newly acquired and existing customers. Manage time efficiently in territory to maximize effectiveness by properly routing sales calls and calling on accounts.
· Schedule periodic follow-up calls and visits to answer questions and introduce new products. Demonstrate product at customer locations as appropriate to develop/maintain business.
· Recognize and report competitive activity at accounts and work to maintain or secure business in whatever means necessary.
· Participate in conducting seminars at the branch, customer locations or trade events that demonstrates our products and how they are used for different applications.
Administration, Management and Product Knowledge:
· Submits weekly call reports on a timely basis to Reynolds and Smooth-On sales personnel detailing account visits.
· Using database, review sales of existing customers on a routine basis. Monitors sales activity of top customers. Prioritizes these customers for follow-up calls and/or visits.
· Prepare ‘Pre-call Sales Plan’ for following week in accordance with Sales Protocol.
· Work regularly with new products to become proficient with their use, properties and applications for conveying information to customers to close new business.
· Works to foster team spirit and good relations with branch personnel.
· Communicates daily with branch personnel to coordinate travel and efforts in the field.
· Occasionally supports inside office operations as requested by branch personnel and approval of National Sales Manager.
· Will ensure that company vehicle is maintained and kept in good operating condition always. Will keep vehicle clean and customer presentable at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must become proficient in working with products that Reynolds Advanced Materials sells for imparting technical information and solving customer problems.
· Must possess and demonstrate aptitude for selling products to end users for expanding sales.
· Must be strong communicator in person and on the phone for purposes of selling and handling technical calls.
· Ability to efficiently manage a sales territory.
· Ability to solve customer problems by recommending the right material for specific applications.
- 3 plus years' experience in Territorial Coverage of Outside Sales.
- Part of selling these materials includes demonstrating them at customer locations, so you must be willing to work with your hands.
- Offering technical advice is a big part of the job, so patience and a good phone manner required. Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and excellent communication skills are essential.
- You must be self-starting, hard-working and willing to learn. Will be visiting a variety of different accounts every day, so experience working a territory is a must.
- Bi-lingual is helpful.
- 4-year college degree from accredited college or university.
- Must be able to lift 50 or more pounds.
- Must have clean driving record.
BENEFITS - Medical, Dental, 401K with company match, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.
IMPORTANT: We operate a drug-free and smoke-free environment. Employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screening test. Employment is also contingent on completion of two week mold making and casting training at company headquarters in Macungie, PA.
After touring our website www.reynoldsam.com, e-mail your resume and a cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this job.