Are you interested in a challenging position working for an organization making a difference for people in your community? Are you a “people person” who enjoys helping others and being part of a collaborative team? The award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is seeking talented individuals to join our Housing Policy, Training and Outreach Division.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Housing Policy Analyst in the Housing Department, which is comprised of Policy, Training & Outreach, Housing Operations, Development and Inter-Agency Relations, and Asset Management & Compliance. The position reports to the Housing Policy Manager, and is responsible for providing administrative and analytical support to assigned federal and local housing programs; analyzes programmatic policies, practices and procedures and makes recommendations for operational, policy, and procedural improvements; conducts needs analyses, feasibility studies, research, and evaluations for assigned programs; develops, summarizes, and maintains administrative records; fosters cooperative working relationships with other Housing Authority (Agency) departments, outside agencies, and the general public; and performs related work as required.
If you are looking for a professional challenge addressing affordable housing – one of the most significant problems in the Bay Area – and want to be part of a collaborative, innovative organization that is building a better Silicon Valley, then apply today!
Housing Policy Analyst
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Salary: $90,111 - $120,757 Annually DOQ
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs professional-level administrative and programmatic work for various federal and local housing programs in areas such as grants administration, contract administration, policy and program analysis, and evaluation.
- Plans, develops, and administers complex housing programs and projects; directs all aspects of assigned programs, participates on various committees and may present committee recommendations to the Agency Board; represents the Agency to program stakeholders, including applicants, participants and owners.
- Serves as a liaison to employees, the public, private organizations, government agencies, community groups, and other organizations; provides information and assistance regarding assigned programs and services; receives and responds to complaints and questions relating to assigned area of responsibility; reviews problems and recommends corrective actions.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new or revised programs, systems, procedures, and methods of operation; compiles and analyzes data and makes recommendations.
- Conducts a variety of analytical and operational studies regarding programmatic activities, including financial, budget, regulatory, operational, or administrative issues or questions; evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and assists with the implementation of procedural, administrative, and/or operational changes after approval; prepares comprehensive technical records and reports, identifies alternatives, and makes and justifies recommendations.
- Prepares program applications to secure Federal, State, and local funding commitments; assists in the reporting of alternate funding sources and ensures compliance with Federal, State, local, funding agency, and Agency accounting and reporting requirements.
- Participates in the development of procedures, forms, letters, training materials; delivers training to other agency staff.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in social services, or behavioral sciences, business or public administration, or a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of analysis, policy writing, and quality control audits.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).