To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Somerville, NJ 08876
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Accounting Manager
Clark Davis Associates • Somerville, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technical Accounting Manager
This position reports directly to the Head, Technical Accounting and is responsible for high-level financial analysis on key business items and various compliance matters. In addition, this position performs the identification, research, analysis and documentation of complex accounting issues to ensure compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Interact with senior level management, including multiple Executive Committee members, independent auditors and Corporate. This person will service all the North American general business units.
- Manages and prepares quarterly analyses for all major financial statement line items and material general ledger accounts for North American general business units. Coordinates review of analyses with both Senior management and external auditors.
- Indirect supervision of functional staff responsible for key financial information, accounts and reserves.
- Provides technical accounting support to business functions in connection with the implementation of various changes in accounting policies and procedures, adoption of new accounting standards and/or business initiatives and ensure practical solutions proposed. Presents conclusions to both senior management and external auditors.
- Monitors and reports upon the standard setting activities of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Securities Exchange Commissions (SEC).
- Prepare and present complex accounting matters, new accounting pronouncements and company polices to train employees on the impact that it may have on the company’s financial statements. Partner with Corporate Accounting Standards to enhance current policies for new accounting pronouncements.
- Partners with business development to support activities by providing expert technical accounting evaluation of potential acquisitions, strategic planning or other alliance transactions.
- Manage the relationship with both internal and external auditors.
- Support financial compliance processes around accruals, journal entries, financial statement disclosures, and account reconciliations for North America.
- Maintains and cultivates strategic partnerships across the North American business units and management teams to ensure integration and implementation of efficient process and policies.
- Ensures team’s compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements for assigned areas.
Requirements for the Technical Accounting Manager:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience is required.
- CPA Certification.
- Must have management/supervision experience in a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS a plus.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal, proven leadership and team building skills are a must.
Please contact Tricia Sweeney at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
CLARK DAVIS ASSOCIATES, 20 Waterview Blvd, Parsippany, NJ, 07054; Phone (973) 257-8825; Fax (973) 257-8824; For a list of over 200 jobs opportunities, visit our web site at www.clarkdavis.com
Become a Fan of Clark Davis Associates on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at ClarkDavisAssoc, and on our Group page on LinkedIn