To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
South Bridge Drive
Sioux City, IA 51111
- Kristan Oltrogge
- Phone: 712-258-6690
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
EHS Safety / Work Comp Specialist
Sabre Industries, Inc. • Sioux City, IA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EHS (Safety) / Work Comp Specialist
● Supports workers compensation case coordination.
● Reviews safety issues and incidents and works with plant leadership and employees to develop plans for resolution.
● Schedules and conducts site EHS compliance inspections, performs records documentation and provides corrective action response recommendations and tracking.
● Supports and participates in incident investigations.
● Uses a working knowledge of personal, industrial & occupational safety to manage safety programs.
● Promotes safety awareness; schedules & performs hazard awareness training.
● Supports and participates in Monthly Safety Meetings through meeting attendance, content creation and presentation.
● Conducts new hire and temporary employee EHS training.
● Supports and participates in Safety Committee meetings through meeting attendance, inspection team leadership and findings documentation.
● Gathers pertinent information, statistics and figures to be presented in the form of EHS metrics.
● Maintains safety files and keeps the SDS spreadsheet up-to-date; keeps inventory of safety forms, supplies, materials and equipment for program use.
● Conducts production, shop and maintenance floor audits, submitting maintenance requests as required ensuring corrective actions.
● Collects data and assists in regulatory reporting.
● Performs Risk Assessments with all departments to determine the potential hazards of new processes and projects (capital projects and others).
● Ensures compliance with chemical, noise and monitoring programs.
● Develops and implements JSA’s and training programs in the use of safety equipment including PPE, chemical hazards, noise hazards, physical hazards and safe operating practices. Assists management to implement such programs. Maintains recordkeeping as directed.
● Participates in emergency response functions such as material release first responders and First Aid teams.
● Develops and implements emergency evacuation plans and procedures.
● Supports and participates in management EHS audits.
● Assists and provides input to Director of EHS in program development.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Must maintain a valid driver's license and remain insurable under Sabre’s vehicle policy.
● Experience in managing compliance of environmental, health and safety (personal, industrial & occupational) regulations, policies and procedures.
● Thorough working knowledge of environmental, health and safety principles.
● Proficient math skills.
● Must be detail orientated and proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, follow-up and follow-through.
● Professional, efficient and well-developed oral and written communication skills in English required. Spanish speaking and writing ability is a plus.
● Proficient with computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must have the ability to utilize computer technology to research online, prepare reports, access data and maintain records.
● Must have current knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and regulation relating to environmental, health and safety.
● Creative problem solving to recognize and analyze needs and propose solutions to effectively address them.
● Ability to plan and coordinate multiple diverse tasks simultaneously.
● Position requires work in a plant/manufacturing environment, indoor and outdoor conditions. Environment may include fluctuations in temperature, dust and noise. Required PPE includes safety glasses, steel-toe metatarsal boots and hearing protection worn at all times on the production floor in addition to other specific PPE that must be worn for specific tasks.
● Must be able to reach, grasp, handle, bend, kneel, sit, climb and stoop. Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry product up to 50 pounds.
● Minimum Associate's degree in Occupational Safety or Environmental Health and Safety. A Bachelor’s degree in these or a related field is preferred. Job experience, professional development and continuing education may be substituted for educational experience.
● Day Shift; 40-50 hours per week. On-call as needed.