To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pella, IA 50219
- Amanda Saylor
- Phone: 563.556.3040
- Phone:: +1(563)556-3041
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
Sedona AG Services • Pella, IA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Location: Pella, IA
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior HR Generalist (SHRG) is accountable for building effective relationships and delivering value added service to employees and leaders of the organization, with strong emphasis on customer service. The SHRG assists leaders in identifying and evaluating options with regards to HR opportunities surrounding the business and provides comprehensive HR support and services working with other departments. The SHRG is responsible identifying HR trends, processing payroll and benefits and managing the administration of policies, procedures and programs for employment in the United States and partial support with Canada employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Provide customer support to employees and the key stakeholders on HR issues, and support with effectively aligning business decisions to business goals. (Understand employee opinions, monitor the effect of business decisions on people, and advise management on addressing employee concerns.) Inform leadership of trends involving workforce, retention and regulatory trends impacting the business. Partner with leadership, to identify current and future workforce needs.
● Process bi-weekly payroll including benefits and PTO. Programs to administer but not limited to Quarterly SUI reporting, Unemployment, COBRA, Workers Compensation, Insurance, PayScale Compensation Assessment, 260E/F Iowa Training Programs, New Hire Orientation and Benefit Enrollment, Yearly Open Enrollment, Employee Performance reviews, Yearly Health Initiatives, Safety Training, Uniforms, Benefit Reconciliation, and Employee Meetings. Participation in Quarterly Company meetings as required.
● Promote employee development within the organization utilizing current training and program options.
● Recruit/advertise for open positions. Schedule on-site interviews, participate in interviews and hiring discussions. Facilitate all hiring practices including communication with all new hires, extending offer letters and scheduling and facilitating all pre-screenings required. Coordinate the new hire On-Boarding process with departments.
● Ensure compliance with regulatory issues including but not limited to Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disability Act, Family Medical Leave, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Act, etc. Consult and partner with internal counsel on evaluating legal requirements and employment related decisions. Work with management on decisions for disciplinary action.
● Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR plan/strategy and other projects as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
● 4-year college degree Major: Human Resources or Business Administration
● 7-10 years of human resources experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Understanding of payroll taxes/quarterly reporting and experience with HRIS systems preferred. Proficiency with online payroll applications (Evolution, ADP, or Ceridian), Internet, and Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
● Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; interpret and apply existing policies and procedures, interviewing and selecting candidates.
● Knowledge of manufacturing industry and demonstrated business insight to understand the business and processes and the link between Enterprise-wide HR strategy and business strategy.
● Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change, influence and assist organizational change initiatives in support of business strategies.
● Proven understanding/application of HR disciplines (Compensation & Benefits, Employee
● Ability to consult and influence decisions using sound judgment and data analysis to effectively drive positive business outcomes and resolve complex issues.
● Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people and champion employee needs.
● Ensures that HR services are provided as appropriate to customers, identifies new opportunities where HR can add value, and maintains leading-edge knowledge of HR issues.
● Ability to manage projects and develop clear, actionable steps from overall strategy; maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers and produce accurate, professional and error free-documents in a timely manner.
● Ability to work in a team and demonstrate patience, good communication skills, ability to reason, persuade with self-confidence and ability to handle confrontation.
● PHR or SPHR Certification highly preferred
If you are interested in this position, please submit a copy of your professional resume + salary expectations to Amanda Saylor | [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] | 563.556.3040