To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shipshewana/Elkhart, IN 46565
- Ryan Greaves
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Front Office Manager / Sales
Atira Hotels • Shipshewana/Elkhart, IN
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Coordinates the activities of hotel front office and related personnel as directed and provides support to the General Manager
Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates.
Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed.
Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
Assists General Manager in annual wage scale surveys; ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines.
Note: Other duties as assigned by General Manager or Area Director.
Primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedbacks and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
You will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest's accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for direct settlements.
FRONT DESK MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure Outstanding customer care at all times.
2. Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanour at all times.
3. Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
4. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
5. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
6. Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
7. Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
8. Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
9. Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
10. Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests preferences and special requests.
11. Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department's especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
12. Operates the EPBX equipment, including, assisting incoming & outgoing calls, setting wake-up calls, enabling DND (Do Not Disturb) and paging for in-house guests.
13. Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
14. Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
15. Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
16. Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
17. Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
18. Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager, or MOD.
19. Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments.
20. Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
21. Takes responsibility in the absence of the General Manager.
22. As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team
Education/Experience: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Alcohol awareness certification. Assistant General Manager and/or other certification as required by franchise.
Skills and Qualities:
Strong leadership skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Planning and organizational ability
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
Will be required to be on call when away from work.