To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Clover Place
Edison, NJ 08837
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Route Production Supervisor
GardaWorld Cash Services • Edison, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GARDAWORLD, a leader in armored transportation and cash services is looking to hire an Operations Supervisor for our Edison, NJ Branch.
Operations Supervisors are responsible for assisting the Branch Managers in running the operation of our armored transportation and cash processing facilities. The operations supervisor will oversee the daily operations of the branch. Operations supervisors must be security sensitive and manage the risk that is inherent with an armored car and cash processing operation. Supervisors are also involved with the hiring and training of all branch employees.May perform staff duties during periods of heavy volume, emergencies and vacations as assigned by management.
- Supervisors a team of Driver/Messengers to ensure the efficient management of the operation
- Responsible for daily work/vehicle assignments for armored crews and vault personnel
- Ensures that employees meet DOT guidelines and state/county guard and weapons requirements
- Supports the safety of employees, vehicles, and facilities through training, monitoring, and enforcement of policies and procedures
- Promotes the security of cargo and branch
- Develops and maintains customer service capabilities among all operations staff and responds to customers
- Focuses on process improvement, short and long-range operational planning to meet current branch goals and motivate branch growth
- Assists in vault when needed. Fills in on Armored and or ATM routes when needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 3 years branch/operations supervisor experience in the transportation industry
- This position requires a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma
- Excellent communication skills and leadership experience are a must
- The qualified candidate must be willing and eligible to obtain a CDL Class B within six months of date of hire, if required at the branch
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required guard and gun permits or licenses on a current basis
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation physical health certificate on a current basis
- Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in transportation or related field
- Must be able to clearly communicate in the English language both orally and in written documents. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, and supervisors in person and by radio or telephone
- Requires the ability to train designated crew
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The individual must have intimate knowledge of the Armored Car Personnel Work Rules, Driver’s Guide to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs), and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Pocketbook
- This position requires working knowledge of the AS400 system
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace