To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
121 West Park Drive
Birmingham, AL 35211
- Jana Green
- Phone: 205-909-9263
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
Books-A-Million, Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the direction of the Field Director of Human Resources, perform a variety of Human Resources functions to meet the needs of Field associates including recruiting, counseling for field associates, and assistance with Job Fairs. Will also support the Home Office with recruiting and onboarding activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
Accurately respond to all Human Resources calls and e-mails in a timely manner.
Complete turnover reporting for all segments of the organization.
Process unemployment claims in conjunction with internal and external guidance.
Manage the Hotline process for filed complaints and concerns.
Prepare EEO and DOL reporting as required.
Accurately process payroll change forms.
Create associated reports and track information as requested; ad hoc reporting.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field.
- At least one year of experience in a Human Resources setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Office suite including MS Word, Excel.
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.