To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
- Phone: 585-360-2743
- Phone:: 585-486-1876
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Buyer - Electronics
Innovative Recruiting Solutions • Rochester, NY
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BUYER - ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING / PURCHASING / SUPPLY CHAIN
We are recruiting for a Buyer for a growing and top manufacturing company in the Rochester Area.
Buyer will be responsible for purchasing all electrical and some mechanical components, assemblies, components for printed circuit boards, switches, transformers, connectors, fans etc.
If you are a Buyer with Materials Planning experience, this is a real plus. Any Planners are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating pricing with vendors, negotiate delivery dates, build relationships with vendors and potential vendors.
- Entering and maintaining purchase orders and related purchasing activities as they relate and are needed to the MRP or ERP System.
- Evaluating parts and assemblies, and recommend and source other suppliers, trying to find the best and lowest price.
- Interfacing with Product Engineering when needed to ensure an accurate and timely implementation of new parts, revisions, or other tasks required to outsourced assemblies.
- Performing administrative tasks and assignments.
- Performing additional routine purchasing functions such as mail opening, file maintenance, etc.
To be considered, Buyer will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ electronics purchasing expertise as stated above.
- Must have experience in purchasing and have a good understanding of manufacturing.
- Must be well organized, budget focused, analytical, motivated and possess keen negotiating skills to obtain sales contracts and good pricing.
- Must have experience with price negotiations for purchasing agreements/contracts.
- Must be able to make recommendations regarding purchase of products, providing new vendors, with ability to identify foreign and domestics’ supplier and track pricing trends.
- Must have excellent computer skills required, Microsoft Office, Outlook and any MRP, SAP or other Procurement Systems helpful.
- Must have sharp negotiation skills, be assertive and creative, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be professional, excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be good at Multi-tasking, good math skills and problem solving abilities.
- Must have ability to interface at all levels of management, manufacturing, engineering, quality, process, quality, production managers, and sales/customer service team.
A 2 to 4 year degree with 2- 4 years’ work experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment is preferred.
Lean manufacturing knowledge is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings of sometimes-complex nature, especially electronic component data specification sheets.
Must be well-organized and highly professional and be a solid team player.
This is a great opportunity offering a very solid career, plenty of opportunity for advancement and excellent benefits.
For immediate consideration, please email your confidential resume today.
See Above for full requirements
We offer best in class placement services, resume review and optimization, confidential employment and career evaluation, all in strict confidence.