To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schaumburg, IL
- Eric Maleski
- Phone: (773) 966-2807
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior SOX Analyst
IFG Project Resourcing • Schaumburg, IL
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Due to acquisition, an industry leader in the professional services industry is hiring a Senior SOX Analyst. Your strong controls acumen will be put to the test as you build out the SOX and ERM function at their state of the art headquarters in the NW suburbs. This opportunity sits in the Controller's group, so after maximizing your earning potential in a SOX role, you can earn a promotion vertically or rotate into another area of interest such as FP&A or accounting. The Director is accomplished and has a track record of great mentorship.
- Participate in the annual risk assessment to determine scope and key SOX controls;
- Perform SOX control walkthroughs and create/update narrative, flowchart and risk-control matrix documentation for processes with information provided by process and control owners;
- Maintain relationships with control owners to provide guidance and training regarding SOX program and requirements;
- Serve as a valued control advisor to process and control owners on any SOX related issues;
- Assist in piloting self-testing programs with various businesses;
- A good understanding of GAAP and internal control;
- Collaborate with management to identify, review, and monitor internal risk and control activities and strategies;
- Aid process owners in documenting and implementing controls;
- Maintain a good understanding of the IT systems supporting the entity and process level controls to leverage automated controls were applicable;
- Evaluate and identify issues, scoping and coverage tracking, findings and practices with Process Owners across all areas of the Company;
- Communicate SOX issues and work with various levels of members of Finance teams and Process Owners to identify solutions / path to remediation;
- Assist in reducing control deficiencies, year over year;
- Assist in conducting an annual SOX control “refresh" to assess updates, additions or deletions needed across all controls in place; track, monitor and report on the Company’s SOX controls inventory and related status; and
- Work actively with the Global Technology Services team on the SOX 404 technology guidance and IT-related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 or more years experience in an Audit and/or Internal Controls role
- Prior SOX compliance experience with design/operational effectiveness testing in Public Accounting or a publicly traded company
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) a plus
For consideration, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]