To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vineland, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are looking for an exceptional Full Charge Bookkeeper to work with our team. Full Charge Bookkeeper will be responsible for bookkeeping for three businesses. This is a full time position with hours between 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with flexibility required. Must have Associates Degree in Accounting with prior Accounting Experience.
Accounting Clerk Responsibilities
- Providing accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department
- Typing accurately, preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records
- Preparing bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Journal Entries, Bank Reconciliations
We are looking for a skilled Full Charge Bookkeeper to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. QuickBooks) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Full Charge Bookkeeper will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, Excel databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with Excel spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Must be Well organized
- High school degree
- Associate’s degree in Accounting is required
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Competitive, hourly wage. Health benefits, paid sick time, paid vacation time, 401k plan. Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- We perform background checks and drug screens.