To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Metroplex Drive
Edison, NJ 08817
- Falecia Rowe
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Traffic Engineer
Naik Group • Edison, NJ
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a SENIOR TRAFFIC ENGINEER
- Improves traffic control and flow by providing fieldwork analyses; performing field engineering studies; developing plans; reducing accidents; monitoring results
- Proven technical capabilities with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Primary responsibilities include mentoring/staff development of younger engineers, oversight, and technical quality control of deliverables (technical studies, plans, specifications, & estimates) produced in the NJ, PA, and NY offices. We also require:
- Hands-On experience of civil/roadway design (MPT), intersection design, traffic signal system design, roadway lighting design, transportation planning/modeling, closed loop traffic signal systems, and design/implementation of intelligent transportation systems (ITS);
- Proficient in highway lighting designs performed in accordance with the NJDOT Lighting Design Guidelines and Procedures Manual, NJTA Design Guide, IES Lighting Handbook, Roadway Guide by AASHTO, Tunnel Lighting Guide RP-22, National Electric Code and Visual Lighting software;
- Ability to prepare traffic impact / parking / safety studies, assess alternatives, develop Transportation Management Plans (TMP’s) in accordance with local, State, and Federal policies and requirements;
- Familiarity with the MUTCD, AASHTO and NJDOT design standards and practices;
- Practical knowledge with use of the following software: HCM and HCS, SYNCHRO/SIM Traffic Software, PASSER, SIDRA, RODEL, CORSIM, and VISSIM; and
- Successful track record of acquiring new work in transportation planning and traffic engineering services and ability to support Practice Leaders and Office Leaders Managers by contributing in business development functions with existing and new clients to grow the Traffic/Electrical Department.
- Exposure to project management and budgeting, preparing technical/cost proposals, and understanding QA/QC procedures is desirable.
Position will be based in NJ and require travel, as necessary, between our other regional offices located in PA and NY.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- MS Degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering is desirable but not required;
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering;
- Registered Professional Engineer in New Jersey with ability to obtain registration in other States, as required;
- PTOE certification.
Full Benefit Package offered.
Naik is an Equal Opportunity Employer.