To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Canton, OH
- Tom Connors
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sales Applications Engineer
Confidential • Canton, OH
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the support of company's RSM’s (Regional Sales Managers). This support is Pre-Sales and Post Sale with application details and technical support. This responsibility will also include supporting the complete project with assistance to the sales administrative team, project management team, engineering, and shop personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to as others may be assigned:
Pre Sales / Post Sale Layouts:
- Create customer specific layouts for quote stage and sales support (Pre Sale and Order)
- Create final approval layouts once order has been received
- Update and create Standard Equipment layouts and blocks to use for Pre Sale and Order
- Provide Technical expertise and advice when needed from RSM
- Provide Technical support on phone conference calls with RSM’s and or Channel Partners
- Make joint sales calls with RSM’s (when needed and approved by Manager)
- Work with Project Management and Engineering to relay all application and project details
- Main responsibility for RSM support is to work with 3/6 RSM’s however this will/may change and is not limited and will require support for entire sales staff at times.
- Provide Cost Estimates to RSM’s for quote purposes.
- Track margins and evaluate once project is complete and compared to what was quoted
- Attend review meetings for discussions on the application/job details and handle concerns with what was sold
- Work with Project Management and Engineering to relay all application and project details to proper parties for smoother project process.
- Add any necessary input into ODS from project knowledge
- Project Manage the purchase of OEM equipment and special conveyors when asked and needed.
Conveyor / OEM Estimates & Ordering:
- Responsible for getting quotes and layouts and providing detailed information to engineering or purchasing of conveyor & Special OEM equipment
- Further expand product-handling knowledge by searching for alternate or additional suppliers with more product handling capabilities
- Attend material handling shows if needed (Decided by Manager).
- Provide support to engineering group when asked regarding details of project and application.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineering for detailed specifics and costs
Demonstrates expertise in technical support to customers and sales reps with strong mechanical skills. Assumes responsibility for small to medium scale projects with minimal supervision.
- Syteline Software, CRM, AutoCAD, Inventor, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent customer interaction abilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills