To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sarasota, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CONTROLLER – CONTRACT
The Edge Group • Sarasota, FL
Posted 1 day ago
Experience - At least 10 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Accounting - Finance, Construction
Accounting, Construction, Management
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will be a key individual in assisting this national construction company with rebuilding after Irma. It is estimate this contract position will last a year, ability to travel to Puerto Rico a plus.
- Reconcile project from beginning to end.
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting.
- Monitor unit cost variables.
- Maintain cost accounting system and cost ledger.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data to upper management.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Supervise employees ensuring completion of operational requirements and maintain follow up on work results.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or 10 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience including at least five years of personnel management; CPA, MBA a plus.
- Solid understanding and over site of transactional accounting, reconciliations, and review.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros, VLOOKUP) data manipulation required.
- Job costing experience preferred.
- Coordinate with outside consultants (CPA firms, legal, insurance) etc.
- Provide assistance for annual audit and multiple entity/multi-state tax filings and licensing.
- Highly motivated, energetic and professionally assertive.
- Excellent communication, negotiating, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal Skills.
- Travel flexibility.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Average Salaries for
This estimated salary is an approximation based on compensation data points gathered from similar job postings or existing salaries for the same or similar job title within the same market. Average salary insights are based on aggregate data and are not specific to any individual job posting.