To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
PROGRAMS & EVENTS MANAGER, NON-PROFIT
The Edge Group • Houston, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Programs and Events Manager is an enthusiastic and creative individual who will manage and coordinate venue event rentals and programming. This key position will serve as the first point of contact for outside organizations interested in venue rentals or that would like to host public or private events. The position requires a candidate with a record of dedication to developing and managing experiences for the public—whether they are events, cultural attractions or facilities, exhibits, or branded retail experiences—as well as a track record of representing an organization to third-party partners and vendors. This position will require regular work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Manage the venue rentals.
- Manage the relationships with program partners (universities, museums, public schools, small businesses, nonprofits, etc.) and ensure the quality of classes, amenities, events, and activities they produce.
- Develop and manage any programs produced in-house.
- Manage customer service staff.
- Create and manage an annual budget and calendar for programming and events.
- Generate and implement new ideas for programs, amenities, and events.
- Receive and evaluate requests for public and private events from third parties and negotiate agreements with them.
- Create and implement plans for marketing, promoting, and generating awareness of programs and events, using traditional and social media channels.
- Fulfill the non-profit’s responsibilities related to sponsorship and partnership activation as they relate to programming and events.
- Assist with daily maintenance of the agency’s web site and social media accounts, providing and scheduling content at direction of the Executive Director.
- Assist with special projects or other support duties as needed.
- The Programs and Events Manager also supports the activities of various committees of the board of directors, as needed or assigned; organizes and coordinates meetings with internal and external constituencies; and oversees special projects as assigned.
- The ideal individual must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and the public, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Candidates should have at least three years of experience in program development and management, event production and management, visitor services at a cultural or entertainment facility, or related work.
- Strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Candidates must possess working knowledge of social media platforms as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and e-mail software.
- Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization skills and experience with project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university.
- A degree in business administration, public administration, journalism/communications, or urban planning is a plus.