To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PROJECT MANAGER - CHEMICALS
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Project Initiation: Identify and analyze business needs, stakeholders, and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives.
Result: Project scope and objectives are clear, attainable, and approved.
- Project Plan: Formulate the project plan, determine budget and required resources, clarify role and involvement level of team members, and acquire approval.
- Result: Project plan, budget, and required resources are approved.
- Project Execution: Coordinate, monitor and drive project activities, manage project risks, issues, changes, and resources and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Result: Timely delivery of milestones.
- Project Delivery & Closure: Evaluate and close project, identify and analyze lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to customer and/or line management.
- Result: Completion of project objectives, realization of deliverables, continuous improvement of project management skills and acceptance of end product by customer.
- Relations Management: Build, maintain and utilize a network of in- and external stakeholders/partners and represent the project within the organization.
- Result: Network is sustainable and accessible and contributes to project success.
- Project Information: Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to the project leader and the project Steer Co.
- Result: Project information enables management and/or other stakeholders to make (timely) decisions and determines or adjust project plan.
- People Management and Development (where applicable): Attract, (functionally) lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent (management).
- Result: Project team is engaged, deployable (quantitative and qualitative) and capable of realizing the (department/team) objectives.
- Negotiations (where applicable): Negotiate with internal and/or external parties, acquire approval and/or close contracts/SLA’s and monitor compliance with contracts/SLA’s.
- Result: Services of internal and/or external parties against reasonable quality and price.
- Overall project budget of $5.5-$10MM of which project management and engineering costs account for $550K to $1 Million.
- Stakeholder management: Manages the relation with multiple (groups of) stakeholders on tactical/operational level.
- Innovation: Leads medium complex projects with limited risks and using given techniques.
- Project scope: Leads mono-disciplinary projects involving multiple parties.
- Autonomy: Defines scope and activities of projects and ensures execution.
- HSE impact: Manages medium complex and hazardous projects with low potential impact on performance or image of company.
- Degree in engineering.
- Prior project management experience in successfully leading projects through full cycle completion.
- Project management experience in the in the process industry (Chemicals, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceuticals).
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary project teams and handling multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven (project, people) management capabilities.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards.
- Able to work in an inclusive way in the Engineering community to make sure the business experiences ‘one voice’ and the teams collective objectives are met.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, influencing, entrepreneurship, result oriented, negotiation, problem solving, content experience.
- Very good verbal and written English language skills.
- Relevant experience in different multiple units, disciplines, locations (cultures) and/or other companies.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you. We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at www.searchenterprises.com to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.