Director of Development (100% Remote)
Tremendous opportunity for a Director or Manager of Development / Engineering to join a growing technology company.
You will provide technical leadership and management, manage and drive the development of the next generation platform (from the planning stage through production), prototype new ideas and make individual code contributions when necessary, collaborate within and across cross-functional teams, continue to develop and improve delivery processes, mentor and help engineers grow and develop in their careers and professional skills, deliver projects against technical roadmap, and create a culture that encourages open communication, accountability, creativity, and innovation.
The focus of this job is technical leadership and management, however, you must be able to participate in architecture discussions and some prototyping but not hard core coding.
This is a direct hire position where you can work 100% remote from your home and live anywhere. Awesome opportunity to make an impact at a growing technology company.
- 2+ years as a Senior Manager or Director of Development/Engineering
- Experience with Python and Django web applications
- 7+ years experience shipping high-quality, scalable, customer-centric web applications
- 2+ years experience developing and supporting SaaS/Web applications in the cloud for a software/technology company
- Strong experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with building messaging, event-driven architectures
- Strong understanding of domain driven design
- Microservices patterns and architectures
- Experience working for a startup or small company
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- No heavy contract backgrounds or job hoppers
- Mobile applications
- RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway CloudFormation, CloudWatch , CloudTrail, S3
Python (Programming Language)
Event Driven Programming
Django (Web Framework)