To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant, School Secretary, High School
The Roeper School • Birmingham, MI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Roeper School is a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades
Pre-K through twelve. We are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to the Middle and Upper School Directors to join our Birmingham campus staff.
We are seeking an engaging, collaborative, and highly organized person who has demonstrated successful experience supporting a school administrator.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Directors and is responsible for ensuring the completion of all day-to-day administrative and clerical tasks related to the Middle and Upper School. Support of the Directors and the Middle and Upper School involves implementing and monitoring a wide range of administrative and operational systems, procedures, policies and projects. The position is full-time year round.
● Establish and execute ongoing schedule to support Directors and Middle and Upper School program
● Pro-actively anticipate actions necessary to help Directors achieve program goals
● Meet regularly with Directors to provide assistance and discuss progress on initiatives and operations
● Manage and maintain calendar of the Middle and Upper School and Directors
● Communicate information to faculty, staff, students and parents regarding initiatives, programs and events using varied mediums including Outlook, Net Community, website and blog
● Greet and provide assistance as primary point of contact during the school day for teachers, students, parents and visitors, monitor building entry system
● Oversee and manage production, dissemination and collection of online back-to-school registration information
● Maintain all student files (paper and electronic)
● Coordinate logistics of key Middle and Upper School annual events
● Help facilitate weekly Administrative Council meetings and department meetings; prepare and update weekly agendas
● Maintain and update office procedures book
● Utilize database to prepare class lists for staff and families
● Organize and process hiring searches for Birmingham campus faculty and staff
● Help facilitate and organize annual 9th Grade Trip to Washington, DC
● Work with Admissions Office with processing and placement testing for new students
The preferred candidate will have:
● Personable, professional and welcoming demeanor
● High level of interpersonal skills, poise, tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive and confidential situations
● Strong attention to detail in establishing priorities, meeting timelines and efficiently accomplishing duties
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills including composing and proofing materials
● Strong technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office, database management and website management
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree with major course work in Business, Administration, Communications, or other relevant field is required along with a minimum of three to five years of administrative assistant or related experience. Preference for candidates with experience supporting an administrator in a school setting.
The School seeks faculty and staff who are outstanding educators, teachers and professionals. They are individuals who lead in the classroom and guide our students with respect for the mission and philosophy of the School.
As a non-profit independent School, Roeper offers competitive salary and benefits. The School’s benefits program includes medical, dental, disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; flexible spending account for medical expenses and dependent care; 403(b) Savings and Match Plan and professional development funding.
For more information about The Roeper School, visit our Website: www.roeper.org No phone calls please.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and candidate inquiry answers.