To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
130 Park Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
ARCHER Florham Park • Florham Park, NJ
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Archer hotel in Florham Park, New Jersey is seeking an experienced hands-on individual to fill the critical role of Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems, and building components including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile, etc. Additional responsibilities include management and decision making authority for day to day operations.
- Ensure proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all hotel property.
- Responsible for monitoring and operating within required budgeted costs by completing purchase orders and maintaining and referring to an accurate check book program.
- Manage maintenance staff by assigning projects, supervising work, completing staff schedules, reviewing employee time sheets, and meeting budgeted labor costs.
- Responsible for citywide standpipe, citywide sprinkler, and fuel oil piping and storage system.
- Maintain all building and fire code and leading the property fire safety committee.
- Complete special projects and additional tasks as needed and assigned by the General Manager.
- Creating a positive team-oriented environment focused on the guest.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
HOTEL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
- Five (5) years hotel maintenance experience.
- Two (2) years of hotel maintenance management or related experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- HVAC, Air cooled chiller, carpentry, plumbing & electrical experience or technical training preferred.
- EPA, CPO, FSD, and HVAC certifications are a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints and define areas quickly.
- Fluent in English – written and verbal communication.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer Word and Excel skills required.
- Any and all state and local age and licensing requirements must be met.
- F-58 Fire Safety Director Certificate required.
- Must have flexible availability, able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
The Archer Florham Park is part of LodgeWorks, an ever-emerging hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 750+ employees nationwide. Our dynamic multi-brand strategy includes Archer, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization – the foundation upon which everything is built.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee, additional Supplemental Term Life Insurance available at a minimal cost to the employee, Long and Short Term Disability benefits at no cost to the employee, and much more for full-time positions.