To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
- Al Blakemore
- Phone: 248-823-5840
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Continental Structural Plastics • Charlotte, NC
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CSP is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer/Launch Leader for our Salisbury, North Carolina facility. This position will be responsible for launching new programs at the facility. The primary responsibilities include approving new product designs, analyzing and approving new manufacturing equipment for the products and assessing/approving new processes to manufacture the products.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop and install secondary equipment in conjunction with APQP engineering and maintenance.
- Continuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Lead and participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve upon departmental efficiencies.
- Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
- Maintain process open issues list, copy/ review with appropriate managers.
- Assist in launching new programs by developing process flows, cell layouts, component flows, estimating cycle times and labor requirements, line balancing, and tracking builds prior to SOP.
- Coordinate with program engineers on new program launches and component changes in efforts to implement DFMA strategies (Design for Manufacturing). Assist in developing work guidance’s, FMEAs and control plans pertaining to initiated process changes.
- Assist in communicating and training all Quality Department Team Members, Team Leaders, and team members on initiated process changes.
- Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other divisions, as well as, other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Review ergonomics for building and inspecting procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Additional Job Duties:
- To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude and to maintain a positive and productive workplace
- Exhibit teamwork and actively participate in team projects/activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in the workplace and always strive for continuous improvement.
- Identify growth and development opportunities and on-going training needs.
- Follow company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a Safe & Healthful workplace.
- Perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required and per the department’s established procedures and work instructions.
Requirements in education, skills and experience for Manufacturing Engineer in Salisbury, NC:
- A Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a closely related discipline.
- Exposure to DFMA, synchronous manufacturing, and ergonomics.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably automotive).
- Must have very strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Must have very strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must have knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD
- Must be able to work with a minimal supervision and participate in cross functional Teams