To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2400 South Wolf Road
Westchester, IL 60154
- Lauren Parker
- Phone: (630) 468-9258
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Consultant
Tandem • Westchester, IL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Tandem HR is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or HR outsourcing company providing custom HR solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1998. Our vision is to be the first-choice trusted advisor for organizations looking to build an exceptional workplace.
Our mission is to provide customized and high-touch human resource solutions to organizations, enabling their growth and creating phenomenal company cultures. We pride ourselves on our expert service teams and we’re growing. We’re looking for talented individuals who live our values and support our vision and mission to join our team.
These are our values: True client partner * Accountability is key * Nonstop exceptional service * Dedicated to success * Expert level of consultation * Maintain high integrity
The HR Consultant operates independently in carrying out the responsibilities of the position with general supervision.
Position requires a minimum of two years combined demonstrated non-exempt and exempt level human resource experience or successful internal demonstration of required qualifications and competencies. Decision-making is primarily technical with established policies, procedures and standards providing the basis for decisions. Problems range from simple to complex. Research, consultation with others, and developing solutions is an expected and routine part of the work.
The HR Consultant successfully collaborates with an internal team of payroll, benefits, and recruiting specialists to provide a full range of quality HR services. There is significant interaction with a variety of others in situations that require sensitivity, flexibility and the ability to influence others. The HR Consultant is comfortable speaking with the Executive Team with regard to matters of significance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands internal roles to help resolve client issues with general guidance.
- Consult with clients and offers timely HR solutions that potentially impact business outcomes.
- Coach/consult with client organization leadership and worksite employees on issues including performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, and other HR services.
- Manage time and resources appropriately to service clients’ needs.
- Contribute to implementation of processes and activities that enhance the effectiveness of internal clients.
- Provide resolution to employee relations related activities as required.
- Manage employee communication materials as appropriate.
- Proactively manage client service plans including HR deliverables; i.e. handbooks, job descriptions, salary surveys, etc.
- Conduct new hire orientations including explaining company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees.
- Collaborate with peers in HR functional teams in the development and delivery of HR initiatives to ensure a unified HR delivery approach.
- Interpret implications of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function including, but not limited to, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, other data privacy rules and regulations, Civil Rights Act of 1964, and FMLA vis a vis client issues and decisions and know when to obtain legal or other advice.
- Effectively respond to unemployment claims, facilitate unemployment hearings, and reconcile unemployment statements.
- Coordinate termination activities including but not limited to exit interviews, references, and final pay.
- Recommend and present training and development courses.
- Service a standard basic HR Project with minor interpretation from Sr. HR Consultant.
- Support the Senior HR Consultant with new client implementations.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling and ancillary services and suggest such additional services to client when appropriate.
- Collaborate with peers across the organization to resolve client questions and issues and to improve overall productivity and service levels.
- Act as backup resource to team members when out of office or additional resources are needed.
- Support the Business Development team by conducting HR demonstrations
- Research and analyze data through HRIS reports.
- Conduct research on compensation and benefits.
- Prepare salary survey reports.
- FLSA overtime pay, FLSA regular rate of pay, calculate gross pay, hours worked pay, supplemental wages, retro pay, severance payment calculations, draw and commission payments.
- Determine FMLA and other state-specific medical leave requirements/eligibility and prepare notices and related documentation; ensures timely compliance by coordinating with appropriate client contacts and internal departments.
- Undertake any other related activities as requested.
- Maintain a professional presence. Acts in a calm and confident manner in all situations.
- Maintain a network of peers.
- Comply with firm policies, procedures and standards.
- Effectively use various software and technology tools.
- Keep manager informed of work status.
- Handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Local travel to client sites (20-40%).
- Periodic overnight travel.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- PHR/SPHR certification required to obtain as soon as eligible to take the exam.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area.
- Minimum two years non-exempt and exempt level HR experience or successful internal demonstration of required qualifications and competencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Strong skills in HRIS and/or payroll software like Ceridian, HRP, or other similar type of system.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired, but not required.
This job description does not list all the duties and functions of the job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.