To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sterling Heights, MI
- Paul Kleindl
- Phone: (248) 712-6719
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing PLC Controls Engineer
Systems Technology Group • Sterling Heights, MI
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Systems Technology Group (STG) has immediate opening for Manufacturing PLC Controls Engineer for our direct automotive client in Sterling Heights, MI. The duration is long-term (6+ months).
Work Schedule: M-F, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM (**Must be available to work all shifts including nights and weekends**)
This position provides support for all plant floor related, automation control based systems supported by the FCA ICT organization. Support includes the implementation of system changes, support of daily plant activities relating to these systems, and system management including the implementation of ICT standards and incident management.
- Perform implementation and 1st level support of mission critical plant floor systems - this includes a functional knowledge of all plant floor control systems used by local plants, ability to troubleshoot system issues, debug associated PLC code and hardware, manage and/or configure system servers, and configure ICT PLC driver and OPC client interfaces.
- Configure, install, manage, and troubleshoot plant required applications, communication protocols, and network interfaces used to support plant automation systems as well as ICT supported platforms.
- Perform basic hardware support of PCs, printers, and peripherals as well as local ICT Security Management and user maintenance - this includes application of all ICT documentation requirements and adherence to all standard ICT processes (i.e. P0/P1 escalation, Drive IT, ECC, SR, etc.)
*STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com
- **Candidates must be available to work all shifts including nights and weekends**
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Controls Engineer, Programmer, or Technician - Will also accept equivalent manufacturing control system experience.
- Functional knowledge of manufacturing automation control system infrastructure and software - this would include the ability to read prints and diagrams, thorough understanding of control system design principles.
- Strong knowledge of control system networks and communication protocols, knowledge of all required control system software applications, and the ability to troubleshoot an array of control system issues.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science/Information Technology (IT) or degree in related field