To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wellington, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Specialist
Everglades Farm Equipment Co., Inc. • Wellington, FL
Posted 18 days ago
Travel - Negligible
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Agriculture, Manufacturing, Sales - Marketing
Information Technology, Professional Services, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Helps coordinates assigned areas of technology-related product/service selection, set-up, support, communications, and data protection to assist employees in efficiently completing work. Assist the IT Department in assuring up-to-date, effective hardware and software applications are in place and employees are properly trained in their use.
- Maintains IT asset information to ensure appropriate lifecycle management
- Works with appropriate personnel to establish and adhere to annual IT budget
- Coordinates purchasing modern technology solutions including computers, servers, cell phones, software, etc.
- Works with other departments to identify potential efficiencies and implement cost saving changes
- Suggests innovations and best practices for optimizing employee time
- Develops and enforces policies to allow for the most cost-effective use of existing solutions
- Maintains knowledge of current technology and stay abreast of new technological advancements to provide cost effective solutions for the company
- Safeguards dealership technology systems through items such as acceptable use, password, and network access policies
- Safeguards data by assuring timely back-ups and processing
- May be required to installs software, vendor, and pricing updates on all systems and help coordinate the installation and set-up of all new equipment
- Provides IT support to employees in all locations by prioritizing, troubleshooting and resolving problems quickly by utilizing the helpdesk ticket system
- Escalates technology installation and support issues to appropriate dealership, partner, and vendor personnel as appropriate
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years experience in information technology
- Strong communication skills with ability to train others on technology solutions
- Experience with routers, servers, and network technology desired
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be physically able to perform minor lifting of equipment, climbing or crawling to install equipment and run cables and occasionally long periods of time sitting at a workstation
- Must be willing to travel to company locations
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products desired
- Must have a good sense of humor and work in a TEAM environment
Job ID: 163
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.