To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- Phone: (770) 804-8020
- Phone:: (404) 574-2283
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant (Report to a CPA!)
Pareto Solutions Group • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are pleased to announce that one of the companies we partner with in the Norcross, GA area is expanding their financial accounting group and looking to hire a Staff Accountant!
This would also be an ideal position for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (MUST), one plus years of general ledger accounting experience (MUST), and who is proficient with MS Excel (MUST).
POSITION: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Alpharetta, GA
The Staff Accountant has responsibility for the preparation and review of the daily accounting operations in a timely and accurate manner. They also must maintain accurate financial statements; providing reports and information for external audit requirements; performing financial statement analysis, financial statement books, and initiating and assisting with special projects.
- Responsible for monthly closing activities and daily activities/projects.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings that conform to GAAP.
- Provide system support to the Manager of Accounting, as well as corporate accounting.
- Ensure integrity of financial statements.
- Recording all journal entries to the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconcile accounts monthly, proposing corrections as needed.
- Ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately and financial reporting integrity is maintained.
- Analyze financial statements monthly and develop variance explanations for distribution to management.
- Prepare reconciliations and monthly closing entries.
- Middle office support and daily administration.
- Assisting with management reporting and the annual audit.
- Supporting larger, more complex projects/analyses.
- Taking a leading role in various projects/analyses throughout the year.
- Initiate and assist with special projects, particular those involving advanced spreadsheet skills.
- 1+ years experience with public accounting experience being a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Broad knowledge and experience in general accounting concepts.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Excel (advanced spreadsheet skills desired) and MS Word required