To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
545 West Moonglo Road
Scottsburg, IN 47170
- Michelle Beckom-Regional Recruiter
- Phone: 3175026662
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Memory Care Support Specialist
Lake Pointe • Scottsburg, IN
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Caring employees make the difference!! At American Senior Communities, we C.A.R.E!
* C ompassion * A ttentiveness * R elationships * E xcellence * These are the core values at American Senior Communities. They are our guiding principles to help each of us make the right choices. They not only frame our decisions, but they also guide our actions. These values provide the framework for all of our relationships with our customers, staff, family members, and community at large.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Memory Care Support Specialist - ( Social Worker for our Memory Care Unit )
SUMMARY OF POSITION FUNCTIONS
The Memory Care Support Specialist I implements and manages programs in accordance with policy, philosophy, and compliance standards for the Memory Care Center.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Maintains current working knowledge of company, facility, and ASC Memory Care program, philosophies, policies, procedures, and standards including the implementation of social/function-oriented model of resident care. Maintains compliance and quality control and delegates properly to obtain goals.
- Will maintain, demonstrate, and forward a Person-Centered Approach to resident care within the Memory Care Center environment.
- Ensures the delivery of compassionate quality of care approach to residents.
- Insures each resident’s care needs are met and that quality of life is encouraged through the environment and the delivery of services by other disciplines at the facility.
- Acts as role model for the Center staff by protecting and promoting residents’ rights in all interactions with residents and families.
- Communicates the interdisciplinary care staff with residents, staff, and governmental agencies.
- Facilitates regular Center meetings.
- Maintains communication with other disciplines to evaluate resident responses to interventions, suggests alternative approaches, and revises and updates plans of care to reflect progress towards goals.
- Facilitates interdepartmental communication to meet residents’ needs.
- Assists in the admissions process to assess potential residents for admission to the Center. Informs and educates Center’s staff regarding incoming admissions and helps prepare for resident’s arrival.
- Performs daily rounds of the Center to inspect the care environment, evaluate staffing needs, monitor procedural compliance, insure daily resident activities, evaluate staff interactions, and skill competencies.
- Acts promptly to resolve issues directly with staff members and / or reports relevant concerns to ED.
- Promptly reports identification of problems, significant changes in condition, injuries, and family dissatisfaction to nursing services and provides timely responses to inquiries of same.
- Assists team to effectively manage resident behavioral issues and interventions.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team in the development and maintenance of the social service and activity portions of the plan of care for each resident.
- Interacts with residents, family members, legal representatives, and surrogates to answer questions or resolve concerns. Makes prompt attempts to resolve all resident grievances, seeking consultation or assistance from other departments of administration as appropriate.
- Provides timely and appropriate charting, documentation, and record keeping.
- Develops resident’s daily, weekly, and monthly schedules.
- Manages, oversees, and participates in and delivers (when possible) activities at the Center.
- Observers and redirects staff’s daily practices through one-on-one education of Alzheimer disease process, interpreting program policy and procedures, and by taking advantage of opportunities to teach at the Center.
- Provides regular dementia-specific in-services to Center and facility staff as needed and as directed by ASC’s Director of Memory Care Support Services.
- Develops and maintains Family Resource Center on-site.
- Provides performance input for Memory Care staff’s performance appraisals. Counsels/disciplines staff to correct performance issues which prohibit compliance and achievement of program objectives.
- Actively participates in the long-term care survey process. Accompanies surveyors while at the Center and responds to surveyor questions. Provides or offers supplemental information to ensure accurate survey results.
- Assists with marketing efforts of the Memory Care Center to include making occasional marketing calls, public speaking, and outreach efforts.
- Develops working relationships with local Alzheimer’s Associations and actively participates in chapter activities, events, and meetings.
- Facilitates monthly public Alzheimer support group meetings.
- Manages pertinent Memory Care Center financial issues as designated by the Executive Director.
- Attends ASC quarterly facilitator meetings and other pertinent educational programs as approved.
- Maintains communication with Executive Director and the ASC Memory Care Program Director via phone and during site visits. Reports ongoing compliance deviations, program challenges, and seeks input or support as needed.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Complies with the facilities privacy practices/procedures and all state/federal privacy laws as outlined by HIPAA related to resident and employee records, to include but not limited to information accessed through any company web-based system and/or electronic medical records.
- Demonstrates teamwork and prompt and regular attendance to work to ensure that quality care and services are provided to the residents we serve.
- Complies with and adheres to the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required by the Bloodborne Pathogens Standards. Protective Personal Equipment (PPE), including personal protective equipment for eyes, face, extremities, protective clothing, and protective shield and barriers, will be provided, used, and maintained.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Room for Advancement
Year End Bonus
Verizon and Sprint Cell Phone Discount
O2ne Program – Paid LPN and RN Training
Referral Bonuses up to $1000
25% off tuition at any Harrison College Location!
Job Requirements4 yr human service degree or a 4 year degree with extensive Dementia/Alzheimer’s experience
Job Type: Full-time
4 yr human service degree or a 4 year degree with extensive Dementia/Alzheimer’s experience