To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4812 North Aurelius Road
Lansing, MI 48910
- Ashleigh Wright
- Phone: 517-319-8353
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
School Bus Driver
Dean Transportation • Lansing, MI
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Leading in School Transportation for Over 50 Years!
Dean Transportation partners with over 100 school districts and safely transports nearly 50,000 students daily across Michigan. Through extensive training programs and technology, Dean continues to be a foremost leader in school transportation.
The primary function a school bus driver is to operate a school bus safely, reliably, and professionally to transport passengers to and from school, educational or sporting events, and other special activities. This part-time, split shift position involves transporting and assisting general education and special needs students as well as other school district passengers. Must have a Commercial Driver's License or be able to successfully obtain one upon being hired.
No previous professional driving experience required. PAID CDL TRAINING PROVIDED!
Specific Job Duties
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned school bus
- Travel established routes and utilize designated school bus stops
- Operate vehicle with safety of passengers as first priority
- Instruct passengers of safety procedures
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills, as required
- Demonstrate defensive driving under varying traffic conditions and inclement weather conditions
- Establish favorable working relationships with other drivers, maintenance personnel, bus attendants, teachers, passengers, principals, and parents
- Achieve self-development by regularly attending training sessions, annual in-service meetings, and workshops conducted by Dean Transportation Inc. and/or other transportation and education related agencies.
- Paid personal time
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Annual pay increases
- Perfect attendance bonus and employee referral bonus
- Outstanding paid training program and paid professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
- Transfer opportunities throughout Michigan and option to keep your bus at home (in some areas)
Apply online or in person Monday - Friday at Dean Transportation, 4812 Aurelius Road, Lansing 48910.
Must have excellent driving history. Must pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and DOT physical.
Specific Job Requirements
- Operate school bus safely, routinely, and professionally
- Exhibit established knowledge of geographic service area of school district and required routes traveled
- Demonstrate knowledge of state laws and local ordinances as well as rules and regulations promulgated by local, state, and federal agencies
- Oversee exuberant behavior characteristics of youthful riders; demonstrate attentiveness and exercise good judgment concerning day-to-day operations and emergency situations
- Conduct a bus evacuation drill as required by Transportation Management
- Operate all vehicle lifts and secure all equipment that is required for each passenger as prescribed in company policy
- Perform physical tasks requiring varying degrees of lifting, pulling, bending and carrying of heavy objects which includes but is not limited to the ability to disassemble/assemble wheelchairs of a maximum weight of 40 pounds and/or other ambulatory devices required by the passenger
- Administer disciplinary procedures in accordance to company policies
- Thorough and accurate record keeping and reporting, as required; submission of all paperwork in legible condition and on time
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintain professional appearance at all times as a Dean Transportation staff member