CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
This position ensures that all policies and procedures defined within customer service are followed and implemented timely. The role manages, coaches and develops a call center team and handles escalated issues that require attention of management.
- Develop the department by ensuring all representatives are trained to answer questions regarding each department as a subject-matter expert.
- Analyze staffing and telephone coverage and use individual meetings and other coaching techniques to ensure customer service representatives meet set metrics.
- Provide resolutions to escalated customer questions and issues to better streamline the department.
- Ensure all customer accounts remain up-to-date.
- Implement policies and procedures for service employees and the business unit.
- Keep the business unit’s terms and conditions current with ever changing rules and regulations of the company.
- Plan the team budget and expenditures
Direct Supervisory Responsibilities - Employees that report directly to you
Description of Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the customer service team training meetings
- Facilitate individual coaching sessions with employees by providing constructive feedback and giving moral support
- Ensure employee’s schedules are maintained and updated as needed for optimal phone coverage
- Review and process timesheets for employees
- Approve and track employee time-off requests
- Monitor calls to ensure quality and consistency
Education & Experience -
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Four to five years of proven management experience in a customer service or call center environment
- Five to seven years of customer service, sales, and/or marketing experience
Skills & Abilities –
- Proven track record and knowledge of call center innovation, technology, best practices, and organizational integration
- Ability to achieve effective goals and results, and ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint and CRM)
- Ability to identify, research, plan and implement change to processes for improvement
- Time management skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Customer Service Manager
$50,000.00 - $60,000.00 / year
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ITG has been in business for more than 20 years and is a
financially stable company with continued growth. The company’s headquarters is
located in the Kansas City Metro Area with additional support accessible
is a provider of qualified IT and Engineering professionals to companies
nationwide and has proven experience and reputation in providing highly
skilled, qualified resources to our clients at the most cost-effective pricing.
are committed to excellence in everything we do and strive to deliver lasting
value to our clients. We believe that success is a pattern that stems from
quality and dedication in all of our actions throughout the organization.
We have long-term relationships
built with clients resulting in Preferred Supplier Status. ITG has demonstrated
to its clients that it can quickly provide individual resources or assemble a
team of qualified technically skilled resources to respond to their needs at
View the full profile
offers an excellent compensation and benefits package (including medical,
dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and
401k) to our employees which has enabled us to attract, hire, and retain
employees. As a result, our clients benefit from our ability to provide
qualified IT resources and retain them for the duration of the contract.