To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
16400 Blanco Road
San Antonio, TX 78232
- Tamara Thibodeaux
- Phone: 210-408-1212
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CMA / Certified Medication Aide -- WEEKEND POSITION
Regent Care Center • San Antonio, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
- Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medications that are commonly used in this facility and that may be ordered for resident use by the attending physician or the Medical Director.
- Ensure that no medication is administered without a written, signed, dated order from an attending licensed physician.
- Note and report errors in the administration of medications.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, charts, reports, etc., and submit these as may be required.
- Be familiar with the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols, and terms relative to the administration of medications as used by the facility, pharmacists, and physicians.
- Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled.
- Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied as directed. Document any instance where prescribed medication is not administered, including reason(s) for refusal.
- Follow facility policies and procedures regarding the destroying of medications; assist in carrying out these rules under the direction of the facility pharmacist or Director of Nursing Services, including the documentation requirements.
- Others duties as directed by Director of Nursing and/or Administrator
Regent Care Centers® offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that includes:
*PTO (Limited due to Part-Time Status)
*Paid Holidays (Limited due to Part-Time Status)
*401(K) Matching contributions up to 4%
Regent Care Centers® is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or national origin or any other protected status.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
Must be a Certified Medication Aide having successfully completed a state approved training program and any necessary examination(s) in accordance with laws of State Texas.
Long-Term Care experience preferred
WEEKEND HOURS 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please call for details