To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4400 Bells Lane
Louisville, KY 40211
- Human Resources
- Phone: 502-775-4100
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Mechanical Maintenance
Carbide Industries LLC • Louisville, KY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Carbide Industries, the leading manufacturer of Calcium Carbide, is seeking qualified Mechanical Maintenance employees for full time positions in a manufacturing setting. Candidates who successfully the complete selection process will be eligible for placement as positions become available. If interested in being considered, apply now.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures and maintains the mechanical equipment in plant including, but not limited to: routine maintenance, preventive maintenance equipment rebuild, material handling, crushing, screening, pneumatic, hydraulic, and pumping systems.
- Performs maintenance work necessary to maintain machinery in proper operation.
- Prepares, assembles, and installs new equipment.
- Dismantles machinery to repair or replace defective parts.
- To perform duties necessary to maintain upkeep of the plant, will have to be able to operate mobile equipment.
- Uses hand tools, pneumatic power tools, electric power tools, oxy-acetylene torch, lifting equipment such as forklift, crane, and chain hoist and metal working tools such as grinders, band saw, and drill press.
- Lays out, assembles and installs piping systems relating to hydraulic, pneumatic and water systems.
- Operates cutting torch and welding equipment to cut and/or join metal components.
- By reading and interpreting prints, be able to fabricate equipment and parts for equipment.
- Must be able to input work orders into a computer system.
- Maintains housekeeping of the work area as well as the shop area and performs other duties as assigned.
- The position requires the ability to regularly lift and carry twenty-five (25) pounds and move up to fifty (50) pounds on occasions. The employee is frequently required to stand, climb stairs and ladders, use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls, to reach with hands and arms to climb and balance, to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed.
Capable and comfortable with making informed decisions to make repairs.
- Must be available to work any shift, weekends, and holidays. The plant operates on a continuous basis. Individual work schedules are typically 40 hours per week.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years sustained work experience
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial environment required
- Must be able to pass a welding assessment
- Experience with gearbox rebuilds, bearing replacement and maintenance strongly desired
- Prompt and daily attendance a must
- Reliable transportation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving machinery. The successful candidate will be exposed to weather and environmental conditions inherent to the manufacturing process. Some operational areas may require the use of a respirator, work at heights, within confined spaces and in areas where hearing protection may be required.
A competitive salary
Health, Dental, Accidental and Life Insurance
Carbide Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer