To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hawthorne, CA
- Jackie Hoofring
- Phone: 805-367-3260
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
Avalon • Hawthorne, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Human Resources Manager – Hawthorne, CA
Exercise independent discretion and independent judgment in assisting the Human Resources (HR) Director with developing, leading and implementing the HR strategy for the assigned businesses.
Essential Job Functions
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in assisting the HR Director with managing complex and difficult HR projects cross-functionally.
- Ability to work under only general supervision.
- Advocate and balance the interests of the business and HR, including viability (resourcing) and appropriate planning of services to be delivered.
- Collaborate with the HR Leadership Team to develop HR strategies in line with business strategy, and ensure that HR resources, services, programs and projects are prioritized to align with business strategies.
- In partnership with stakeholders and the HR Director, manage the development of Workforce, Talent Planning and People Management processes and tools such as talent assessment, talent development and succession planning.
- Assist in driving change initiatives and organizational effectiveness within assigned businesses.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment to build strong business relationships with internal customers, actively identifying gaps and proposing and implementing changes necessary to cover risks.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment to build credibility and effective working relationships with the business leaders.
- Contribute to strategic projects, providing direction and insights that support business objectives.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in assisting the HR Director with complex investigations regarding allegations of misconduct or violations of company policy.
- Partner with the HR Team to ensure all service delivery needs are met.
- Assist in the administration of the compensation program, and help implement the performance appraisal process.
- Lead recruitment efforts for all assigned businesses.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in recommending new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the HR department and the company.
- Conduct new-employee orientations; administer pre-employment tests; conduct reference checks.
- Maintain company organization charts.
- Maintain employee files; ensure new hire and termination files are in compliance.
- Coordinate and execute employee recognition programs on a timely basis.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Organize and execute special charity programs.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Local Travel to various worksites is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources capacity.
- Candidate must be Bilingual, English/Spanish and have the ability to converse, write and translate in English and Spanish.
- Relevant Human Resource experience in Chemical Production, Industrial Manufacturing, Transportation or similar production-oriented industries.
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to articulate, communicate and interact with multiple constituencies in the organization, including Executive Management level.
- Strong team building and leadership skills for driving high performance teams.
- Ability to thoroughly and clearly articulate his/her position(s) concerning problems and/or solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with people under pressure, including people from diverse backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver. Demonstrated ability to diffuse high pressure situations, articulate and resolve problems, and work out difficult situations/problems.
- Has worked within an HRIS system, ADP applications, Performance Management/Onboarding systems, Recruiting software/or Applicant Tracking.
This is a full-time/direct-hire role. First consideration will be given to local candidates.