To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2900 North Rocky Point Drive
Tampa, FL 33607
- Susan Parker
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Analyst II, Clinical Applications (Cerner Clinical Analyst)
Shriners Hospitals For Children • Tampa, FL
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Clinical Analyst II, Clinical Applications consults with users and management to define the clinical requirements of the SHCIS REHAB suite of applications and resolve related problems. Activities include analysis, design, testing, training, implementation, maintenance and support of the SHCIS REHAB suite of applications, the enterprise-wide hospital information system that spans Headquarters and the 22 SHC hospitals. The Clinical Analyst II, Clinical Applications will serve as a consensus builder, able to directly manage Rehab projects, and be aware of, and involved with, changes which indirectly affect Rehab (from Referral to Claim being paid). Must be able to work directly with, and in line with, the Rehab Clinical Informatics personnel to describe system impact, mitigation, and scope of changes. Primary responsibilities include developing, maintaining, and testing application software using Cerner tools; developing training materials and training hospital analysts; and implementing applications into the hospitals. Analysis and design are normally per the direction and guidance of Lead Clinical Analyst, Manager of Director.
• Support provided includes problem resolution, training, software enhancement determination, and hardware and software utilization assistance. (30 %)
Requirements Definition and Specification
• Review, analysis and definition of the SHC clinical requirements facilitated by the clinical-based computer applications of SHCIS. Broad knowledge of Millennium functionality as related to Rehab; high level knowledge of interactions of solutions IS Analyst would benefit greatly from a holistic understanding of the Millennium platform, and how the various solution integrate and interact to assure that one consistent rehab experience is maintained. Current processes and functions are documented and analyzed. Communications, data conversion, training, documentation and implementation requirements are evaluated and determined during this phase. (20 %)
Implementation and Testing (new software)
• Includes developing application specific software using Cerner build tools where necessary, application specific testing, integrated systems testing, user acceptance testing, assisting in developing user documentation, assisting in the developing policies and procedures, and providing on site “go-live" support for users. (20 %)
• Detail-level design of the application includes developing code sets, screen formats and reports, determining user security access permissions, identifying interface requirements, and developing plans for testing, data conversion, implementation and user acceptance. (20 %)
Software Maintenance (existing software)
• Essentially the same responsibilities as above in Detail Design and Implementation and Testing sections, except tasks are done to maintain, modify or enhance existing software and processes rather than implementing new software. (10 %)
The qualified candidate will have experience in the following areas:
3 –7 years of relevant clinical
experience in direct or indirect care (not limited to Nursing) required; vendor
Expert understanding of registration conversations, conversation rules. Scheduling to orders, orders to scheduling. Med process, Med Admin, mPages. Discern Rules. Powerform charge entry, charge / ask relationships.
Detail level knowledge of Millennium documentation / clinical components
Expert knowledge in several domains would be highly valued.
Systems: Powerforms (expert knowledge preferred always), iView, orders, order entry formats, workflow mPage, ESH, interpretations, conditional logic, conditional equations, tasks (expert knowledge preferred always), task / order / form relationships.
Ability to audit, and interpret audits, from Bedrock and Discern tools. This is necessary for all content updates and problem solving for multi-system issues.
Proficient communications and problem-solving skills necessary to effectively communicate with users, management and others in seeking and effecting solutions
Minimum Education Required/Preferred:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Health Sciences (including Rehab) or equivalent work experience required (degree or formal training in area of specific application assignment advantageous)
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
Proficient communications and problem-solving skills necessary to effectively communicate with users, management and others in seeking and effecting solutions.
Ability to blend user requirements and interests into satisfactory and acceptable programs.
Capability to work with and provide guidance to Clinical Analyst I as necessary.