To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Lili Del Villar
- Phone: 713-337-4912
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cut to Length (CTL) Operator
Murray Resources • Houston, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Murray Resources is in hiring a Cut to Length Operator.
Location: Houston, East
- Operate cut-to-length line, including proper leveler adjustments to correct strip shape and input data into computer system.
- Maintain all aspects of product quality, including selection and appearance of material, dimensional tolerance, weight, piece count, etc.
- Prepare inspection records and report production data.
- Assist with handling quality issues.
- Communicate with other areas on changes to scheduling, processing, etc.
- Report machine malfunctions to supervision and assist the maintenance area, as needed.
- Operate lift truck, crane packaging equipment and all warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
- Report all equipment failures to immediate supervisor and assist the maintenance area with non-routine or major repairs, as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits and housekeeping procedures, and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, etc.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of cut-to-length/leveler operation experience.
- An understanding of leveling theory
- Ability to accurately use precision measurement equipment, including calipers, tape measure, micrometers, etc.
- Intermediate level math, mechanical and computer skills.
- High attention to detail with the ability to follow processes and procedures.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritize workload.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, stand for 8 hours/day and walk, sit, stand, bend, scoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Successfully complete a background check, drug screen and math abilities test.
- Basic computer skills, such as data entry and retrieval.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers, and ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Experience working in a steel service center preferred.
***Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within a few weeks of submitting your application.***