To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Broker in Training - MN1
Allen Lund Company, LLC • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TRANSPORTATION BROKER IN TRAINING
Are you looking for a position with a well established, hardworking & successful company?
Allen Lund Company will transport you from a job to a career! We are currently looking to fill an opening in our Minneapolis office, located in Plymouth.
This Entry Level Sales position will receive training to enter into a Transportation Broker position. This program would typically last 6-12 months before you would move into the business.
- Learn how Brokerage operations work in regards to moving freight.
- Learn about basic modes of transport – Full Truckload, LTL, Intermodal
- Learn the fundamental aspects of Transportation Management System (TMS) including load entry, tracking, and dispatch.
- Work with experienced Brokers in an operational capacity to begin to understand basics of brokering freight to customers and carriers.
- Work with Customer Sales force to effectively move each order through the systems in a cost effective and efficient method with a focus on a high level of customer service.
- Speak with Clients on behalf of Allen Lund Company to confirm details about shipping requirements
- Speak with drivers on behalf of the carrier dispatcher to help ensure the Allen Lund Company level of customer service is maintained with each brokered load.
Does this describe you?
- Willing to be trained in the transportation industry
- Quick learner
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player, who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Can think logically and maintain attention to detail while being able to multi-task
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team oriented.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Minimum post high school education preferred, college degree highly desired or equivalent full-time work experience in an office.
- One to two years minimum experience in a customer service, telemarketing or inside sales role.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail and web browsers.