To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Drew Ireland
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Icon Information Consultants • Houston, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Recruiter will be supporting primarily driver hiring, so finding somebody with experience recruiting CDL drivers is ideal. In addition, they will own requisitions and have interaction with hiring managers, so they need to have solid time management and communication skills in addition to experience with Taleo ATS. The Recruiter will periodically need to attend job fairs/hiring events etc. in support of our initiatives (travel may be up to 25%). Their primary role will be to phone screen candidates and present them to our hiring managers.
The Recruiter will employ a variety of tactics to locate/engage top talent and build recruiting pipelines for the Merchant Gases Division. The recruiter will own requisitions in support of our high-need areas and major hiring initiatives and will help to achieve hiring targets. This position works closely with the Sr. TA Manager, Recruiters, Human Resources and Hiring Managers across the division. This is a 6 month contract role which has the potential to be extended and/or converted to a permanent position.
- Performs direct recruiting and sourcing activities for open positions by creating and driving a collaborative sourcing strategy for non-exempt positions including, but not limited to: Drivers, Technicians, Mechanics, Operators, etc.
- Generates qualified candidates through cost-effective and strategic channels including direct recruiting, employee referrals, Internet and other media advertisements, Internet data mining, outside search firms and ATS databases
- Understands and uses sourcing to fill positions and create pipeline, leverages technology to find active and passive candidates, and has a comfort level with cold calling
- Acts as response mechanism for all internal and external candidate inquiries and responses
- Markets client open positions positively as "opportunities" and presents company as "choice employer" in markets across the country
- Meet established hiring goals and maintain compliance with reporting structure
- Maintain a recruiting database for sourcing and tracking candidates while achieving OFCCP compliance at all times
- Maintains high-touch and proactive direct communication with candidates, client representatives and team members during the job/candidate cycle
- Formulates a sourcing strategy for each position and ensures strategy is communicated and understood by client
- Maintains awareness of current trends in recruiting, client, employment market and legislation
- Participates in external meetings/conferences to network and keep abreast of current best practices and trends
- Provide reporting on open positions, resume tracking, number of interviews per position, number of days to fill a position, retention of new hires, on a regular basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of successful, results oriented experience in recruiting or human resources with emphasis on recruitment and selection
- Experience in a high volume recruiting environment, preferably recruiting non-exempt positions
- Experience in recruitment of drivers, production technicians/operators, and/or manufacturing workers is a requirement
- Committed to diversity of thought, leadership, and hiring practices
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced and empowered environment
- Must be organized and possess strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent social media recruiting and sourcing skills,
- Ability to integrate into teams smoothly and understand requirements quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must possess the energy and drive to execute passive and active recruiting aggressively
- Excellent process, time management, and communication skills
- Solid understanding of employment law, recruitment and staffing metrics
- Some travel is required (25% of work time)
- Proficient with Taleo Applicant Tracking System preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Always act with a high-level of professionalism, personal integrity and transparency
- Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Creative and innovative, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities
- Demonstrate excellent judgment
- Able to make timely decisions and manage multiple tasks and prioritize/delegate work effectively
- Able to communicate with project stakeholders effectively