To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Leslea Scott
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Director- Technical Manager – Epic
Icon Information Consultants • Houston, TX
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under general supervision, manage specific aspects of one or more medium to large projects or programs for clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment. This includes organizing and managing teams, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Deploys and organizes resources, develops timetables and targets and checks progress. Creates a clear, logical and realistic plan of activities, for medium to large size projects.
- Manage medium to large projects using best-practice project management approaches to deliver against approved estimates for quality on-time and on-budget projects.
- Communicates the project business value and seeks to ensure supported metrics for medium to large projects.
- Supports and executes improvements in existing quality assurance tools and processes.
- Develops and analyze project interdependencies to effectively structure schedules and resources and understand potential impacts.
- Anticipates and identify issues, monitor the project and measure risk factors. Implement continuous quality control of process and deliverables.
- Translates business requirements into practical IT solutions, which can be implemented.
- Build effective networks of internal and external subject matter expert contacts including directors.
- Meet with key players to test ideas, identify issues and gain commitment on recommendations.
- Use commonalities/differences within the team members’ goals, values and problem-solving styles to generate multiple alternatives in leading group to achieve a result.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or related field from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
- Five (5) years program and/or project management experience is required.
- Specialized certification preferred e.g. Change Management, Process Improvement, Project Management).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large scale project teams. Ability to set up, plan, manage, report and communicate medium size projects and direct the completion of projects within proper scope, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically. Demonstrate sufficient understanding of some functions to structure and manage project work. Generate innovative and practical solutions to complex or unusual problems.
- Support client relationship management and oversees IT project execution and reporting. Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Act as lead resource for dealing with project issues, ability to lead projects. Understands appropriate escalation process. Work with the team to make decisions considering the degree of impact on areas involved. Demonstrated ability to reach agreement and potential solutions through flexibility and compromise with peers, customer/client, and managers.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related peripheral equipment is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Structure and manage projects to meet client expectations, deliver value and minimize potential obstacles and risks. Understand and manage stakeholder needs and build commitment to project solutions that deliver target business value.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to work with all levels within the organization and produce clear and concise reports of relatively complicated issues.
- Epic experience is helpful