To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Khue Nguyen
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Python Developer
Icon Information Consultants • Houston, TX
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Please apply only if you do qualify as a Sr. Python Developer and do send in an updated resume only in a word doc.
Senior Python Developer
Houston Texas 77002
Title: Senior Python Software Engineer
- Develop custom Python packages to help our analysts connect to various data sources; provide convenient methods of joining and transforming data in ways common to our workflow
- Prepare a common analytics environment that analysts can deploy on demand via internal cloud or Amazon Web Services, and access via Jupyter Notebooks
- Mentoring code development best practices. This is an awesome opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
- Automate data pipelines
- Deploy predictive models and reports into production
- Manage Git Repositories
- Manage AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Lead a junior Python developer
Degree (BS, MS, or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems preferred; any STEM BS, MS or PhD with appropriate work experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of professional Python software design and development
- 2+ years automating jobs on Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years administering an open source database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark a plus
- Linux administration experience a plus
- Expert-level Python programming
- Test-driven development
- Monitoring systems and data pipelines
- Proficient with the following Python packages: SQLAlchemy, flask, pandas, sphinx, and pytest
- Linux server administration
- Continuous Integration Deployment (Gitlab-ci, Ansible, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Containerized Environments (Docker, LXC)
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design Python software from scratch
- Desire to automate everything
- Good communication skills
- Independent and self-driven worker
- Creative problem solver
ICON Information Consultants
Toll Free: 1-877-374-3216